Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My last week as a senior

Jordan Seminary had a banquet for all seminary seniors on Wednesday and it was fun to take pictures and talk with everyone. We had a testimony meeting afterward that was really so good.

Thursday was Senior Awards Night. I really didn't want to go sit for hours and listen to other people get awards, but after calls and getting called to the office to be told I should come and my mother virutally forcing me to, I went. I was honored again for being a Sterling Scholar and then I got a scholarship that I didn't know I'd get. So that was cool! I actually have interviews for another scholarship on Monday. This scholarship is worth ten times as much as the one I was awarded on Thursday! Jeez, I hope I do well!

Friday was spent reading Sense and Sensibility, having one last [really good] testimony meeting in seminary, informing my calculus class of the wonders of magnetic resonance imaging, and finishing the dress aforementioned. It took a long time because of confusing instructions, messing up, and perfectionistic Emily habits. Now all I need to do is make the top of the zipper look presentable and I'll have my new dress. :) Yummy! After school Brant and I abused each other senseless with a combination of pinning each other down, throwing pine cones, scraping those pine cones on each other's skin, and kneeling on each other's sternums and ribs. Yeah, you thought I was kidding when I said "abusive." Now you know betta. We're feisty. After that and some talking, we went to Ashley's BBQ and had fun eating hamburgers, singing all sorts of songs, selling "pictures with Brant for $5" (because let's face it, who doesn't want to be in a picture with him?), and running, jumping, and kicking our way to 7-11 to get slurpies.






Saturday was Senior Dinner Dance in all its glory. I drove with Ashley, Rachel, Kelsey, and Kayla (SWEET!) and after we picked our table--along with Stephen, Chase, Stephen's friend (don't know her name! -but she was cute and nice)--we took pictures!


When the dinner dance actually commenced, the dinner consisted of salad, zuccini (mm!), chicken, pasta, and your choice of marinara or alfredo sauce with lemonade. After dinner, the dance started and I'm happy to say that I have friends who take care with what they wear and how they dance. :) -Makes it easier for me to be good.




We all had a lot of fun and a little ways into the dance they showed a slideshow. When the dance ended, people took more pictures and cried, but I just ... didn't. I don't know, but I usually don't allow things to surprise me if I know they're coming. I prepare myself. I knew this goodbye was coming and I prepared myself accordingly so when the time came, it wasn't a shock to the emotions.

No comments: