Saturday, June 21, 2008

New Job



Well, I finally got my daytime full time job! Crosslands Rehab and Care Center is the place and I must say that being a CNA is ... hard ... but almost never boring. There's never a day I don't come home with stories. :)


My first day or orientation (training) was spent in the West hall and had a section and a half, where the patients have pretty intensive care. I had two or three patients with MRSA and one with VRE. (These are both bad bacterial infections that do not respond to antibiotics and are therefore incurable and can be fatal. They are also very easily caught and spread.) They were heavy and hard to transfer, none were continent, they needed feeding, etc. It was hard to know what to do next, where to go, and why we were doing what we were doing. It was confusing and overwhelming and a very long day!

No comments: