Friday, February 20, 2009

Go Fridays. The end.

Don't you love those weekends when you have positively nothing planned and think it'll be a boring weekend, but then out of the blue your weekend will totally fill up with fun things that include lots of people?? Yeah... me too. :)




So this weekend a bunch of us decided to go to some hot springs in Idaho. The place was out in the middle of nowhere... which, instead of meaning boring, it means STARS!!! Tons of 'em!! The sky was seriously brilliant. But yeah. . . that was pretty much the culmination, for me at least. . . But it was fun bobbin' around in what felt like boiling, hot tub, and bathtub water. :)


On Saturday, I basically spent the WHOLE DAY doing statistics homework and chemistry lab writeups. . . (I don't fill you all in on that... I'll spare you.) But that night I went with my twin, Anike, and Jessica (Hessica) to USU's Mardi Gras party!! We kinda sorta dressed up and once we were in, we walked past performers (dancers, singers...), freeloaders, jesters, etc. The basement of the TSC had been turned into a street in New Orleans. We (meaning Emily and I) then waited in line forEVER for an airbrushed face paint job! After the wait, my twin got up there and got a red bubble-looking design above her eyes. Perdy cool! I sat down a little while later and I wait for the lady to ask me what I want done and she doesn't speak a word, just start testing the color. Finally she's about to spray me and I go, "Wait! I'm not sure I want green!!" She goes, "It's not green. It's yellow." "Well--" "Just sit still. You'll like it." (Ahhhh!) So she starts painting me yellow above my eye.... and then she blows the paint into my hair!!!! I'm thinking, "Ahh! Lady! I do NOT want paint in my hair no matter HOW cool you think it looks! I washed it like an hour ago!!" After this scary ordeal, she stops, grabs a mirror and says, "... got a little bit of animal magnetism coming out..." hahaha.




So actually it did turn out pretty neato frito burrito. :)


After our paint job, we went upstairs and danced. Unfortunately, there were people there that were dancing in the most obscene way!! Like I will not burden you by desribing it, just know it was nastolii. We went to check out a featured live band they had there. They were pretty good, I thought. Not the kind of music I usually listen to, but hey. We were right up front until we decided to head to our next destination: The Illusionist, Mike Super. Apparently he's #1 in the world, next to Chris Angel. There was a show on TV last year that Chris Angel and someone else hosted and this Mike Super won it. Kinda like the American Idol for magicians. :) So since he won it, he got a quarter of a million dollars and his own show that will air this summer or something. Cool beans! I then found out WHY he won!! . . .


The guy freaking levitated a Kleenex!! He folded it into a ball and made it climb all over his arm. Then he made it climb all over a volunteer's arm. The neat thing was, though, was that when it was climbing over hte girl's arm, he wasn't doing anything! He was just standing there next to her! Then he took the tissue, twisted it into a flower, made it stand up in his hand, made it spin (all without touching it), and just let go... and it STAYED IN THE AIR! There was nothing under it or on top of it... I have NO idea how he did it!!


He also did voodoo magic! Haha. So he brought out a doll and picked a random person from the audience. His choice happened to be a big black guy, Tyrone. He had Tyrone sit in a chair about six feet from him and his voodoo doll. Tyrone closed his eyes and clasped his hands our in front of him. Mike then took the doll and tapped its shoulder. He told Tyrone to open his eyes and tell us if he'd felt anything. He said he'd felt two taps on his shoulder. The crowd gasped!! (hahaha) So then Mike said, "Tyrone's still not convinced. Let's take it up a notch." He pulled out a lighter and the doll's hands went up in smoke. Mike then told Tyrone to open his hands and Lo and Behold he had black on his hands as if they'd been singed. Mike had a third trick up his sleeve, though. He told Tyrone to close his eyes one more time. He brought out a pin . . . yeah . . !! As he's driving the pin through the doll's backside, he tells Tyrone to just tells us when he feels something-- Tyrone JUMPS UP and reels around to look at what poked him! Hahaha it was so weird! I wonder what really poked him. It was funny because the entire show, Mike was telling us nothing was real, how it was all an illusion. Interesting...


He did a bunch of tricks, obviously, but those were the two that impressed me most. :)


Good weekend!!!

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Thanks for keeping us on the home front 'posted' ! Which Idaho hot springs did you go to?

Rachel said...

I think I have been to those hot springs... they are lovely.
Mardi Gras can also be fun... as long as you dodge the nasties dancing :)

Emily said...

Yeah... haha very true, Rach. Mom, I believe it was Maple... Maple... one sec, lol... Maple GROVE Hot Springs. It's north of Preston and such. Maybe a little east too... Hm. Dunno. I wasn't driving.
But yer welcome for keeping you posted. You should comment more often so I know at least SOMEONE is reading it hahaha.

Rachel said...

Yeppers, the ones by Preston are the ones we went to I think.
Fun stuff!!