Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Update

Alrighty, so I realize I've been positively TERRIBLE at updating my blog, but bear with me. Just be satisfied that I've been LIVING the life instead of just trying to record it. And it's been quite fun, I might add!

So to give you an idea of what I've been up to for the past little while, I shall create a list...
-I hung out with Brantley two weeks ago for the last time before he leaves on his mission to Minneapolis. It was a BLAST! We talked about everything, as we always found easy to do, and took fun pictures! Then he called me last night to talk one last time. He leaves on Wednesday, Feb 11th.
-My roommates and I pulled all our beds into the living room (five beds in our tiny living room!) and had a sleepover! We all laid in a circle with our heads in the middle and Lisa and I slept under her warm blanket... mmm...
I had the earliest class the next morning and it was tough climbing over everybody... And then to top it off, our new couch came that day and when the mover guys looked inside they were quite astonished. :)

-I've gone skiing twice now this season!! And I'm pleased to say that I have very good teachers who know skiing and skiing technique backwards and forwards.

-I'm taking ballet again and LOVING it! The muscles are starting to creep back, but aren't quite all here again yet. Obviously. :)
-My twin, Emily Blotter, and I have walked through the house we'll be living in next year and I love it! We'll actually have ROOM! Living in a little apartment gets. . . crampifying! --especially when you went from three people living in 4000 sq ft to 5-6 people living in 900 sq ft! We went to the basketball game on Thursday against New Mexico and the Aggies won! Of course... :)
-Trevor's cute as ever! My roommate, Caitlyn, and her former beloved gave us the idea of having a three-month anniversary and we celebrated it (after we realized ours was THAT DAY) by going to the first place we realized we both liked each other, when we were together for the first time outside of studying for calculus II--up Logan Canyon. . . Too bad I got sick! Dinner did not sit well with me and so we came back early and he held my sick little self while I fell asleep. :) (Haha, he's wearing the same shirt in two instances! ... good shirt ... )





-I love my institute class. The Old Testament was always something I wanted to know more about and then after seminary my senior year, after waiting four years to have it, it became a favorite. I'm in OT 1 Kings - Malachi this semester and it's sooo good.

-Chemistry is a beast! The labs are getting crazy. (I realize that if any of you has taken Organic Chem they are laughing at me right now because O Chem is WAY WORSE than Inorganic Chem.... but still... I have not gotten there yet...) We had our first test last week and I actually did pretty well, ranking 18th out of 163. So not brag-worthy, but not bad.
-I also had my first Stats test and did reasonably well on that too. And hopefully the scores will just go up from here!
-Statistics is . . . . NOT CALCULUS! Which is very good some days. . . and kind of sad others . . .
-Interior Design keeps my right brain on its toes. . . (that's a weird thought...) like it hasn't had for QUITE some time. My creativity is being revisited and it's hard for Emily and I, the biochem majors!
-Philosophy is . . . interesting . . . and SO POINTLESS sometimes!!! I'm just glad we're past Socrates, sheesh. I like Aristotle MUCH better. After all, my favorite quote comes from him: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit."
-Sleep 101 is . . . a wonderful class that all should take. . . just hard to find time for. ;)
-My roommates and I went to a stake dance last night that took the place of FHE and, as all stake dances, it started out a little slow, but after a while it picked up and we ended up staying for over two hours! Usually I don't like slow dances, but I liked 'em this time because I just turned them into Interpretive Dance Time, which Marhsall and I and Derrick made very interpretive. :)
-I went home to Sandy the last week in January, spent time with my parents (just didn't tell people I was home heehee), and went to the Draper temple open house with two friends, my mom, and a friend's mom, which was amazing. Naturally. I loved being with my parents over the weekend but it was entirely too short!!
-I finally saw Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda!
-I'm excited for Valentine's Day this weekend! I'm glad it's on Saturday, too. My sis, aka the bank of V-Day ideas, and my twin helped me out with what to do for Trev. :)
-Although Spring Break is a month away, everyone's thinking about it and I'm very excited for my trip to Austin!
Hope everyone's month is going wonderfully!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Thanks for the update...it was way overdue~!