
This week has been full of Special Olympics, crazy dreams, trips to Provo, and starting my job.
I'll start with the most entertaining of the four...
Two nights ago I dreamed that I was leading a bunch of people away from some bad military guys and we tried to get away from them by going up in the Engineering Building (at USU) elevator... but they stopped the elevator and pulled us down and had us surrounded. They captured everyone, but somehow I got out and ended up in a steamy bathroom. A reeeeally steamy, really big bathroom. Everyone in there realized that there was impending danger (yet again) and we all got dressed and headed out one by one so we wouldn't be noticed as easily. I remember kind of wanting to get caught so I'd know what the bad professor outside was up to. So I looked around the corner at the wrong moment and he decided to take me as hostage instead of the slow pregnany lady he already had because she was slowing him down. This guy marched me around and wouldn't believe anything I said when the circumstances made it look like I was trying to be one step ahead of him when really I wasn't. He marched us into an office and started speaking a different language so that the people in the office thought he was a foreigner. One girl happened to speak the language and they started conversing. Soon the whole office was getting him what he wanted--some papers printed out.
Now all this time, after all I'm still me, I was worrying about having no chapstick since I knew I wouldn't be able to get home for an indefinite amount of time and my lips were bound to get dry... finally I found some in a pocket. But this was special chapstick... that had a tape recorder in it. When he discovered this, he again got really mad at me because he thought I had purposely been recording the whole thing so I could incriminate him later. I told him I had no idea but he never believed anything I said the whole dream, even though it was all true. I told him he could have the tape and that seemed to calm him down. Then we went to a beach and I'm not sure what he was going to do with me there. Suddenly Trevor appeared. And just like that I was peaceful. Kinda tacky, but just saying what happened in the dream. It was just like it used to be and I was SO happy to just be WITH him. And he actually had his real face. I very rarely have faces in my dreams, so appreaciated this, particularly because it was HIS face. He seemed a little sidetracked when I hugged him really tightly and then it reminded me the danger I was in. He started walking away from the Jeep with me and even though I felt happy and at peace with his arm aroung my waist, I told him that I was being held hostage and that we needed to get backup. We went into a beach store to ask for a phone and the store keeper started telling us about this boot camp he'd been to and loved because it whipped him into shape. He said that the instructor there was _______ (the guy's name that was holding me hostage). And just then he walked in and I pretended to have been talking good about him like, "Oh! Here hs is now!!" And then we were going to become this woman's research subjects. For the next TEN YEARS because she'd been studying his type (who knows what that was) and somehow I got out of it. And then it ended. Oh, and at one point there was a philosophy professor who was mocking the Book of Mormon and I remember being frustrated but trying to keep my temper down because I know that the Spirit will leave if you lose your temper. But the Spirit wasn't there anyway becuase he was so obstinate.
Oh, and in the Mom-being-married-to-another-
That was Thursday night.
The next night the first thing I remember is going up into some really high hills--almost mountains haha--at night to wait for a signal from a researcher at a cottage-type thing perched on the top of the hills. Inside the cottage, I remember it looked strangely like the laundry room in my house.... Anyway, my "partner" in helping this researcher turned into my sister and while we awaited the signal, she told me about the first time she met Lance and how attracted she was to him, with his broad shoulders and his muscles and such hahahaha. We then saw car lights coming toward us on the next hill over and realized it was the police. Not that we were doing anything wrong, but we knew they'd ruin the research because they'd delay us so we hid in the cottage. When we came out again, it was day time and there were strange people outside. Suddenly my "partner" was Brady and the strange people resembled gypsies with bad teeth. They started to mildly attack him. They picked at him and got too close for comfort and I tried to stop them and make them let him alone. Somehow we found ourselves lying on the hard ground next to each other with linked arms trying to fight the weirdos off. They started pelting us with rock bombs, which I figured out I would catch and throw back at them. That seemed to work and the small battle ended. We got up and the researcher was finally with us. We walked over to a small cabin which turned out to be a church of some kind, considering the inside had only pews--stadium-seated haha. I sat down next to the researcher and waited for others to file in. When the small room was about full, I noticed a few pictures at the front of the room, sitting on the ledge of a chalkboard. They didn't look like Jesus to me.... I told this to the PI and it dawned on me that it was a picture of Satan. (I can think of much more frightening ways to depict Satan because the picture really wasn't scary.) I immediately wanted to leave, however. The PI tried to calm me down and told me that we'd stay and essentially convert them to the Truth by showing them the error of their ways. I took this to mean that we should live by the Law of the Jungle when interacting with them and make them realize how awful it is so they'd desire something else. A furry little guy (animal-ish and human-like) came in and I was nasty to him. And I felt awful. I knew that wasn't the way to do it. Brady and another person were going to give me a blessing, but then I just decided that instead I would be very kind and show them the error of their ways that way instead. I got up as I saw a chimp through the window and a couple of early human-evolutionary ancestors (like Homo erectus and Australopithecus afarensis) walked in. I greeted them and felt so much better.
And those were Friday night's events.
The other three things on the list were perdy good. The Special Olympics was slightly uneventful haha. I mean obviously there were funny little things that happened and the special needs people are grrrreat, but I just pretty much helped out!--ran after balls for the soccer games, cheered them on, helped make cotton candy, played parachute with beach balls, etc.
The drives to and from Provo.... I like to practice was Trevor and I call "stretegic driving" haha. But on the way to Provo on Friday I seriously could've walked from American Fork to Provo faster than I drove... ugh.
And having my job back is good. I forget how funny old people are; how much I like serving and helping them; how much fun it is to make them laugh with the crazy things I do; how interesting all their personalities are--even if that personality is caused by dimentia....(then it's even better!! hahahaha jk).

2 comments:
I hate to tell you this but no one really cares about your dreams Em...I mean they are much funnier to you than to others... and they are REALLY long to read.
I read somewhere that dreams are on that list that everyone think you want to hear about but no one really cares to.
That all sounded harsh but I'm just being honest :)
Well, considering it's my blog (aka my journal) this IS for me... and if you don't wanna hear it, you could've stopped reading ANY time.
That all sounded harsh, but I'm just being honest. :)
Post a Comment