Saturday, April 30, 2011

Abril 20

HAhahahahahahaha oooh I love the updates.
Thanks for your emails.

Well this week was--naturally--very good. This morning we taught a lesson to a guy and his wife while he was receiving chemo in the VA hospital with a stake Patriarch as our team-up. Pretty interesting. The wife is like 92% sure her husband will be cured from his stage 4 terminal cancer, they'll go on the road and become traveling evangelists to tell about his story... but as for now... he still has cancer. They were totally willing to read the Restoration pamphlet and start the Book of Mormon, however. And I do actually believe they'll read it. Thank heaven we have the powerful Book of Mormon combined with the Spirit to be our most powerful tools.
We also gave a church tour to a Spanish guy this week and committed him for baptism. And naturally he got the flu on Sunday and couldn't come to church or keep the appt for today. When I talked to him on the phone last night he did sound sick, though... So I hate saying this but.... I do hope he has the flu. ;) We're meeting with him on Saturday. H came to the church tour as our member and was awesome! He shared his testimony, how he felt at his baptism, etc. And H's goin' strong and doing great. His family is going through a lot, though, so that's hard on him. But he's super happy to finally be a member of the true church or Jesus Christ!
We also found J this week and have taught him twice since Sunday. He expressed some concerns last lesson that were helpful to know and that we addressed and then, with him, created a formula to "resolver sus dudas" (wink, wink, Lance), we wrote it down and he is committed to do the things necessary to overcome his fears and replace that with faith. He's a funny one....
Last Friday we also had Zone Conference. 'Twas great, of course. Yo aprendi algunas cosas que puedo mejorar y otras que son metas personales. Me gusta metas! Si las usamos correctamente--como 'tools'--nos ayudaran and nos mejoran. Todos necesitamos confiar a nosotros mismos. Y a Dios, compromisos son muy, muy importantes. :)
Lately I've made it a goal to improve my personal study. On the days when we actually get 3 full hours of study (because we're not on the morning shift at the VC or other reasons), which is extremely rare, I know I can learn a lot! Well, I can learn a lot any time I'm able to study, really, so this week I've been more structured in my study, made goals, etc. and it has been very good! I love walking away from the table to go upstairs to do companion study thinking, "Now that was a personal study...." SO! This is one of my challenges for y'all this coming week: Set apart 1 hour per day this week, starting tomorrow, to study the scriptures--the Standard Works, Conf. talks, the Missionary Library, PMG--whatever! But set aside 1 hour every day for scripture study (no matter what it takes... ) and then at the end of this week evaluate. See how your week was different. :) WILL YOU DO IT?? ;) (I'll follow up... ;) )

So last challenge: this week LOOK for someone or some family to invite over for FHE NEXT week. :) Nonmember or less active.

Love you all!

No comments: