Sunday, January 1, 2012

Deciembre 7

The work in our area is going well. I feel like we have SO LITTLE TIME in our area, though. G and A are great. G still has his baptismal date. We might have to change it to a different day but maybe not. V also has a baptismal date now! She will be baptized on the 17th if all goes according to plan. We moved hers up because she'll be going out of town to visit her dad after school gets out for Christmas break. And then hopefully with the new year will come the possibility for her mom and cousin to change their work schedules to be able to come to church and then be baptized. They're all progressing like crazy and want to be baptized, but as of right now V's the only one who doesn't have to work Sunday mornings. It's really hard when work is so hard to come by and so much depends on it. But they have the faith to believe that if the God of the universe gives them a commandment, He's going to provide a way to keep it. :) I love them so much. The night of the stake Christmas celebration I talked with some Chileans in our ward and the wife told me I had a Mexican accent hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Anyway, back to D, V and S. V is super excited for her baptism and talks about it with all the members. I love it because the members know both V and G because they come to church consistently and so they're excited with them. We have a great fellowshipping ward and I really think that makes all the difference. The ward has really stepped up in giving them rides to church and activities and coming to teaching appts with us. When we went to our appt on Monday, they were all reading the Book of Mormon and El Libro de Mormon. :) (V reads better in English but we teach in Spanish.) The Spirit's always so strong with them and S has really blossomed in her interest and keeping of commitments. When we ask questions they give the neatest answers. Very well thought out and they all just have this inner faith that is so sincere. I feel like these women will not only accept the gospel but run with it.
We're also teaching another family, the Es. They have 4 kids and we've just had some really neat teaching experiences with them. Their marriage is SUPER rocky right now and the husband comments on what a difference it makes when we come to their home and when they read the stuff we give them--it's an entirely different feeling in their home. And the kids love us. :) And we love them back. Those aren't all our investigators, but yeah.

I have really done a lot of growing this transfer. It's written down much more in my journal (yes I actually write in my journal these days... shocker, I know.) I'm thankful for my companion who has taught me a lot and helped me learn about myself. As time winds down you really reflect on your work and just want to iron everything out that you can. This gospel is so true and this Work is so full of miracles. If you don't believe it just read the book of Alma!! (mi favorito!) I hope you all take the opporunity to cherish the gift of scripture every day and to strengthen your testimony. Remember 1 Nephi 10:17-19. I hope you sincerely want to know the mysteries of God--mysteries of God not meaning deep doctrine but simply the things of God (Truth) that you don't happen to know right now but that we need to know in order to progress. What a gift we have at our fingertips...

Make this week everything it can be and I will try and do the same.

No comments: