Sunday, January 29, 2012

Enero 3

~FAMILIA~

It was so good to hear from y'all again! Man... I'm sure glad everyone updates me on all the food they ate... It's quite riveting... lol. Actually it's just funny and makes my mouth water a little when I read the words "Salt Lick".... YUMMMMMM! Anyway, I love hearing from you mucho so thanks. This week was gooood...The holidays are fun... but it's always kinda nice when they're over too haha. Our schedules and eating habits were so off that it was nice to get back to normal.
G's living situation did end up prohibiting him from being baptized, sadly... it will take nothing short of a miracle to get him out of there before June...which IS possible! This IS missionary work after all. But we shall see how it pans out. He has been out of town for a while so hopefully we can meet with him within the next 2 days. We need to teach him tithing I think. The Es are also coming right along. Everyone but the dad came to church on Sunday, and we are now teaching 3 of the kids' friends too and they came to church too. :) We had 10 people at church. YAYA! --8 of which can be counted as investigators (one is 3 and one is 5). J, the 3yrold, was a tyrant that day tho. He's kind of always like that lol but to be honest Sunday was completely CRAZY. Sister Larson and I just looked at each other after church and everyone had left and said, "What just happened??" [That was not church! That was a circus.] Anyway, it was cool to have so many at church and all the kids went to their classes (all 3 hours) and loved primary and sang the hymns in sacrament and everything. M went with J to Primary to get him acclimatized and we stayed with them too but he adamantly refused to go to his class so we had a very disruptive RS instead. I love the kid, but you want M to get something out of church too. BUT we were very blessed to have so many come and for the members that brought them all. Our ward is STELLAR at supporting us in our missionary efforts. Honestly, the ward makes all the difference I've found. D and V should be coming back into town this week so we're excited to see them and teach them again. I've missed them. Ji....just needs to read the Book of Mormon. S...needs RS fellowship and a desire.
Man... I'm really slow at writing this... I gotta hurry it up. In answer to your emails....Yes, it's cold here. But at least we don't have a cucky inversion. Christmas in the mission is very different, yes. I wouldn't say it's hard, though. You get to refocus, which is really good. Needful, even. And I just chose to look at it in a "I'm going to have a different Christmas than I've ever had before!" way. Yes, it's not my first Christmas in the field, but it was still different. It was good, though. Please pray for the Es to be prepared to be baptized on Jan 14. M and Ji are having a really hard time quitting smoking (they're doing well, but need the faith and prayers of EVERYONE).
To be honest, a boat load of things happened this week that I will have to journal about elsewhere. But I hope you are all having a good week. I'm learning so much right now I can't even describe it... in an email at least, no. But I do my best in my journal.
I love you all so much. Have a good week and remember to study the scriptures, not just read them. (And I'll try and do the same.)

No comments: