In case any of you have been itching for a good, hearty, merciless laugh at Emily, I have good news. Your itch ought to have its satiating scratch after this blog entry, but especially if you shall have the misfortune of seeing me this week. Yesterday, Friday, I went skiing with mi madre at Deer Valley--something I haven't done in probably 10 years. Needless to say, I stayed on the green circles (the easy runs)--except for when I was forced into a blue square because the only other ways down the mountain were black diamonds. Yeah, I remember when, as a kid, black diamonds weren't so inhibiting, but they definitely were this time. So after hours of keeping my "skis parallel" and my "butt in the mountain," my legs were a bit shaky, having resurrected my ballet muscles--and currently, it's hard to get into or out of a chair.
I have to say that the day was fun ... but I was stupid. When applying sunscreen I did a shotty job and only put it where I usually get sunkissed: the cheeks, forehead, and nose, and maybe chin. For some reason, I didn't pay attention to that little voice telling me to put it all over and, as a result, it looks like my clown make-up didn't come all the way off. I have a red unibrow that is slightly yellow because of blistering; my hairline is crimson/brown; the edge of my cheeks are ... comical, really, and my right cheek looks like some sort of siberian-tiger-themed patch work quilt--and don't forget the small yellow-tinged hills there as well.And just in case that wasn't enough, I went to bed and awoke with a searing headache and a sore throat. That would be the result of sun, dehydration, lack of sleep, and excess stress. I think last night was the earliest I've gone to bed in ... years. I was in bed, lights out, exercises done, prayers said, scriptures read, teeth brushed, face washed, retainer in, chapstick on by 10:14 p.m. YEAH! And I got a good 13 hours in. . . . . but to no avail, it seems. It's gonna take me at least a week to look semi-human again.

4 comments:
it makes me sad you are in pain. but hey, at least you have something to laugh about. =0) have a good easter!
For someone who LOVES the sun, you sure don't respect its power very much...
Ha ha.. love the pictures.
Love you
I think I'll post my own little comment and say that these pictures do NOT do it justice! I look about 58X worse than these blog pictures!
Emily...why did you say that it was from skiing?? We both know that it was from when those Indians (the Oakies) kidnapped us!! Remember...i escaped, but you unfortunately had to go through with the "Become a Man" torture. PLEASE get your story right next time!
Post a Comment