Sunday, March 30, 2008

Young Women's Broadcast

As most of you are aware, the Young Women's broadcast was held yesterday. This year we actually ahd tickets! I went down with Ashley and Jill, her mom, and Keri, a YW leader. Ashley's and my friend Mason informed us he would be an usher at door 19 so we made sure to go through that one and saw him, haha--this cute little genius Asian taking our purses and putting them on the conveyor belt. As he took mine, he said, "Hmm, I'll have to be sure and check this one." And at the end of the conveyor belt, as a woman was looking through my purse, I asked if she "saw anything she liked." She answered, "No. No chocolate." :)
It was a good meeting--as always--but Pres. Eyring's talk was so perfect. He talked about a few things that I definitely know to be true and it's always ... moving to see them moved. I'm not sure they like it, but I sure like it when they get emotional. You know they feel what they're saying so much, sometimes the outward expression of that helps convey something to me, personally--I don't know about anybody else. :) I won't do a recap of his talk just because you all probably heard it and/or will read it in the Ensign. :)

Afterward, the four of us went to Wingers. I was excited to tell Rach this because she worked there while in college, but I'd never been there before that night. I naturally got their famous wings and wasn't disappointed! I must say, however, that the appetizer was unique--it being popcorn!

Well, it's not much of a blog entry, but I was kind of getting sick of my ugly sunburn being the first thing I see when I pull up my blog! -and if I'm sick of it, you are definitely sick of it. I can't complain, however. The sunburn I thought would stay with me for a month and eventually turn tan in such wrong places and make me look like a Mexican with my dark unibrow and the mustache, but it's almost all gone already! I just kept peeling and peeling and it has healed very well.

~~~


The parents are still on their annual March vacay and I've been enjoying the independence and lack of 'the-watchful-eye', but they just called and said they've had some aches and pains that haven't made things too fun and are toying with the idea of coming home either tonight or tomorrow. I told them to come home tomorrow because I still don't have the house cleaned. ;) I hope you had a good weekend and, Bonnie, I hear your dad met Sandy this weekend ... and at Grandma's nonetheless! Wow, I remember when I told my mom that I'd brought my date there and she just said, "Wow. You apparently don't want to see this boy again. That was risky." I bet it was no big deal to her, though. :)

2 comments:

Nathan and Bonnie said...

haha yeah, I thought the same thing, but Will thought that Sandy meeting my dad at Grandma's was the "perfect meeting place." Whatever! It went well from what I hear.
Em, when are your folks supposed to come back? I need to fire off an email begging you (if you're not babysitting Grandma) and your parents to come help us move on the 12th! Wow, this is a long comment! I think I will end it there. oh, Rach worked at Wingers in h.s.? My dad always said she worked at Chevys....?????

Emily said...

Haha, Rach did work at Chevy's. She worked at Wingers up in Logan at college. Will said it was "the perfect meeting place"? He's crazier than I thought ... that or he just hasn't been to Grandma's in a while! My parents got back on Sunday, by the way, and I never went with them, haha. I think we could help you guys move on the 12th. That's prom, but I don't think I'll be asked, so no worries! By the way, I can't get onto your blog anymore. Can you send me another invite?