Monday, March 17, 2008

Seminary Prom!


Well, in case I don't get to go to this year's prom, at least I went to one ... Seminary Prom!! Yes, it's a Jordan original. :) I asked my friend Skyler Riser to go with me and there were thankfully no crazy ways of asking, nor were corsages involved, nor were you supposed to get a new dress ... although I would have liked the excuse ... ;) ... and no day activities. Needless to say, it was a very stress-free dance!
I borrowed a friend's dress (Jewley--to the right) and received compliments on it all night. So I'd just like to pass those along to her because they were compliments on her dress, not me!

At around 5:30 p.m. we headed up to the U of U institute building. Now what dance can you ride TRAX to, I ask you? . . . I know what you're thinking . . . and yep! We did! A whole bunch of us rode up on a train in our semi-formals. By the time we got up there, however, the "Press To Open Door" buttons didn't work and we couldn't get off! We went all the way up to Primary's, waited, freaked out a little, and then rode back to our stop and got off successfully this time.


We went in to dinner, which was catered and good! Then we went out and got pictures. I believe this was the only dance where the Book of Mormon was the main prop. In our pictures, I was reading the B of M intently, while Skyler's Book was upsidedown and he is looking sideways at me with a . . . "How you doin'?" expression. I don't look too great, but his expression definitely makes that picture! :)


After pictures was the dance! For once, rap did not comprise 2/3 of the song variety (or lack thereof) and there were not people on the dancefloor making babies!--unlike the usual scene at school dances. It was a lot of fun and I was even serenaded a few times. :) Parker Caywood and I pulled out a few of our ballroom techniques, but we kept reading each other wrong so we ended with a series of very fast, almost violent spins, haha. --Those were his idea. ;)

After it ended, we rode home and felt sleepy, but Heather and I still had energy enough to take a few pics. :)
For all of you who don't happen to have the pleasure of knowing my future college roomie, I'd like to introduce the gorgeous Heather Young. (above)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Cute dress... great entry... darling roommate...