Friday, April 11, 2008

Camp Wyatt


Hey y'all! Since summer is just around the corner, my thoughts are beginning again to stray toward Camp Wyatt. :) In case I haven't yet drummed out exactly what that is to you yet, every summer I volunteer as a counselor for the American Lung Association of Utah's Camp Wyatt for kids with [moderate to severe] asthma. The camp educates the kids on their asthma and plans activities for them that are a BLAST to teach them that their asthma shouldn't limit what they can and cannot do.

Some of these activities include, canoeing, archery, rock wall, swimming, crafts, field games, egg drop, marshmallow-shooter fight, all-nighter, sumo wrestling [as featured above ;)] movies, etc. And the other counselors are quite a blast, as well as the kids. :) SO! After that marketing ploy (haha), here it comes: If any of you are interested in the best week of your summer and have the time July 12th-18th, here is the link for the application, and you can naturally ask me any questions. :)

You won't regret it!
http://www.lungutah.org/pdf/Counselor%20Application%2008.pdf






3 comments:

Lance said...

Will you being me another shirt?

I would....if I could...but I can't...alas....two kids and a husband to tend to.
Keep me posted though!

Lance said...

Lance...is really Rach.... just as to not confuse any of you.... Lance does NOT have a husband, although the kids are his as well :)

Emily said...

Yeah I uh kinda figured that one out. :) I know I gave one of the first-year shirts to you, but is that also where the green one went? haha But so far I've had quite a few interested and apply for it--although they haven't commented. :)