Sunday, April 6, 2008

General Conference


It was awesome, wasn't it? And can I just say that I love our new prophet. His talks were good and true as always and his concluding remarks on Sunday afternoon were so funny. :0)

My notebook seemed to love Elder Oaks, but Pres. Eyring and Elder Bednar continue to be favorites. Instead of elaborating on their talks, however--since you all heard them yourselves--I want this to be more of a feedback entry instead of an opinion-spew.

SO! -What are some of your Conference traditions?

I remember when Rach and I were littler, we'd build forts and during the Sunday morning sessions, blueberry muffins were always made. Then as we got older, the forts stopped and the notebooks came out (and some accidental sleeping).
So what do you guys do? Does the whole family come over for dinner? Do you cook a big breakfast? Please share. :)

1 comment:

Lance said...

I miss our traditions Em. When I was little I used to play "distrubution center" with mom's old church books and "check" them out to imaginary people. It was awesome! Then, as you know, I started making muffins every Conf. morning. Now I just try to listen while my kids are getting their needs fullfilled....which are NOT listening to Conference.
As a family we love to listen to the talks on the internet for FHE every week.