My birthday weekend ended up being very nice. :) Even though my own mother couldn't find it in her heart to come visit me . . . my best friend did!!
My Friday went very well. Fridays are my short days and I'm done with classes by 11:20 a.m. Afterward, Brant wanted me to meet him on the Quad so we talked for about 45 minutes until he went to his next class. I went home, straightned up the apartment and waited for my dad to arrive. When he did, we got the Beamer and went and had lunch at A&W and talked about computers, trucks, engineering, motion sensors, and calculus. :) I'm still deciding if I want to take multivariable calculus even though it's not required for my major. Maybe I'll minor in math . . . who knows. After he dropped me off and left at around 4 p.m., some kids came over that I did not want to stick around and listen to so I called Brant and we went to First Dam with what was left of my roommate's and my bread ends. :) We talked for a while there and left when it got chilly. We went to Walmart to do my grocery shopping--since we had time haha--and waited for Zach to arrive.
Zach, spur of the moment, drove up to Logan on Friday night. He arrived at around 9 pm--meeting Brant and I at Wally World--and we both enjoyed each other's company and sense of humor and all those blessid inside jokes we've both been missing for two months. Nobody has my best friend's sense of humor and I've missed it dearly, especially when I'm in chemistry recitation and I make a chemistry joke to the guy next to me and he totally doesn't get it so I just sit there and quietly think, "Man, Zach would've gotten it. Dang."
We spent the evening hanging out with Brant, Heather (for a while), Steve, Chad, Brooke, Meagan, and Malorie, but Zach and I were by far having the best time, quoting Aladdin and laughing our heads off. We also had the most fun when Brant, Zach and I played around the world pink pong with our hands... yeah, we got our exercise.
All three of us, Meagan, Heather, and I, all forgot our keys and so we were locked out of our apt. until Caitlyn and Tina were nice enough to open up for us at 2:30 a.m. or so. And it really was nice of them because they came home just to open it up for us because they ended up driving to Bear Lake with Derrick and Randy at 3 in the morning and staying the night. Ahh!
Anyway, I aoke the next morning around 11:20 and Zach came over to tell me about his horrendous morning in which he went to look at the temple and locked his keys in the car. Luckily, Brant got his text right before his phone died, got him to my apt. and his dad has an 'in' with the shuttle business so we waited for his spare key to come all the way from Salt Lake on about two or three shuttles. We ended up walking to the temple, just talking the whole way, and when we finally got an ETA, they said it would take an hour and a half more for the key to arrive. We thought about leaving, but then we occupied ourselves taking the funniest pictures until before we knew it, the time had gone. I wish to high heaven that I could upload those pictures... We're going to make an album on Facebook, though. I did interpretations of animals, we rolled down the hill, jumped, shook our heads, etc. I've decided that pictures are entirely more fun when you give up the high school mentality that you-must-be-pretty-in-all-pictures and just let it go and make the funniest, most unattractive faces. THOSE are the best because you can laugh at them later. :)
After we got his keys back, we drove to Walmart, got cheap bread, and then went to First Dam to feed the ducks. :) We had quite a crowd! We also started a trend. Many people joined us and started throwinf anything they had into the water to attract the ducks. It was funny to hear those noisy animals. One duck even sounded as though it were cackling with laughter whenever it swam over. And, seeing as how it was Zach and I, we noticed the amazing genetic variety. We had pure white ducks, white ducks with black spots, white with brown, white with grey, black with green tints, and then of course your standard Mallard and ... small-girl-duck-that-the-Mallards-mate-with-that-are-brown. :)
For the first time since I've been up here, it got cloudy and rainy too. We left the dam and went back to my apt. and then walked to the Quad to watch "P.S. I Love You" on his portable DVD player. BUT it started to rain so we trekked back to my room and watched it with chips and salsa and milk--I got HOT salsa!--until it was dark outside. (Made me cry!)
We basically just spent the rest of the night vegging, watching parts of "Sydney White", chasing Richard around with a wet tea bag, spilling it on Heather, getting into a tickle fight with her, and then sending them away. :)
Zach said goodbye and Happy Birthday to me this morning before I left for church and before he drove back down.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey birthday girl, HAPPY 19th! So glad you had a good weekend. We'll have to do birthday pie the next time you come home. I miss and love you!
Un abrazo de cumpleanos,
Mom
SWEET! I LOVE PIE! But Mom, all my friends are telling me how OLD I am. Sad day. I didn't think it would start THIS early!
I love the title of this entry em haha :) But the best part about this is how it doesn't even scratch the surface as to how much fun we had!! Or all the little hilarious things that happened in between :)
Post a Comment