So it finally came.
The infamous True Aggie Night.
Despite my utter disgust at PDA, my roommates coerced me into going and in taking a break from my 5 solid hours of Calculus homework--that was probably the biggest convincer of all.
We trekked down to the A in front of Old Main and by the time we arrived, the kissing had already begun. I'm not really sure what I expected. I think I expected to be okay with seeing it because it was "in context", if you will, and hey, ya-never-know, it might be cute.
Nope.
It was disgusting.
There were a few cute kisses in there, but they were few and far between. The vast majority were show-off-ing-ly-lusty. It was really like who-can-make-it-the-most-like-the-movies. And naturally the lesbians had to make a show... Luckily I didn't see either of THOSE couples, but I sure heard about 'em.
The guy that asked me to become a True Aggie with him was there. It was kind of funny because he proposed the [well-known] plan to kiss someone who was a True Aggie so that he could become one and therefore make others True Aggies. He proposed this plan looking straight at me, as if expecting me to suddenly accept his offer now that the we-can't-both-become-True-Aggies-with-each-other obstacle was surmounted. But I'd like to think I gave him (and everybody else) the right impression prior to that--that frankly I had no intention of participating. Period.
Heather and I left early. I went there knowing I wouldn't participate, but thinking that, even though I vowed never to become a True Aggie, I would probably eventually weaken and over the course of four years, become one. But after actually going and seeing the ordeal, it strengthened my former resolve.
So no worries here, m'dears. Emmy is still . . . . . . . . . untainted! (I hope to high heaven....)
3 comments:
Welcome to USU!!!
I'm coming up for homecoming! Hahaha jk :) I'm red through and through!! No blue for me! Any shade!
Hooray for lesbian Aggies! I'm sorry I missed that. :( If you're glad you didn't see it, you should never EVER come to the SF bay area - you might be recruited! Haha!
Personally, I think the whole show is disgusting. If I'm making out w/my husband on campus somewhere, I would NOT want a photo of it posted in the Herald Journal!
That's just my opinion.
Post a Comment