
So I had an interesting .... -ly awkward experience last night....
I met a guy up here at USU through some friends and we hung out all last weekend. The two of us got to know more about each other and it was fun to talk to him--we sat out on the roof of the parking garage to the LLC because it has an amazing view of the valley and the sunset... and you all know how I'm a sucker for both of those views!
Anyway, he's very charismatic, very nice, affectionate, from California, "surfer bum", his parents buy everything so he has the nicest car and the best technology of al of us ... but he's actually really down-to-earth. We made tiedye shirts, went to the mall, watched Jumper, etc. with a bunch of us. Now he's not really the type I usually go after, but his personality got me. I found myself starting to like him a little. But the way he acted around me told me he was just a friend, so I soon conquered that feeling within myself and killed that crush fast--just as SO many other girls have had to do. Haha, his roommate actually really resents how he gets "so many girls" and how he's "so smooth" hahahahahahahahaha.
So last night I was talking to this friend on Facebook and I needed to get off the computer because Heather (my roommate) needed it. He said, "Okay, but I need to ask you a question later." "Okay."
... [later]....
Heather was talking on Facebook with the same guy and I was in the room so I told her to tell him he'd might as well ask me his question now. They keep typing away and I'm wondering what's taking so long. She covered the screen when I came over and said, "Don't scroll up when you get on the computer." Finally got up and I sat down as she said, "He's typing it now."
Then came what I had definitely not expected.
"Hey Em, I was wondering if you would like to join me Saturday night at 12 to become a True Aggie."
. . . . . . ummm . . . . . .
my thought process:
WHAT????? Where did THIS come from? Is there really going to be a full moon that night? How do I get out of this? I don't want to become a True Aggie with ANYONE (since everybody else does, I have to be different, right? -I know I'm strange), so how do I tell him that I don't want to become a True Aggie without him taking it personally?
Two of my roommates were in the room at the time and I was naturally consulting them about how to get out of the situation somewhat smoothly. Luckily, someone remembered that you can only become a True Aggie on a night with a full moon if you kiss someone who's already a True Aggie. You can only become True Aggies together if it's during Homecoming or the other day they set aside in the spring for that ... ordeal. Yes! My out! I told him it wouldn't work because of these rules and he said, "Alrighty. I guess I have my answer then."
2 comments:
pa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. <3 you.
Nice getting out of it Emily! Haha!
Post a Comment