Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day

Ya know it's gonna be an interesting year when the first day of school you have a girl have a seizure in your lap.
Yes, that's right, folks. We were all sitting in physics learning away when the girl directly in front of me started seizing and leaned over the back of her chair so that her head was pretty much in my lap. None of us really knew what to do, but eventually she was taken care of by some trained people in the class. A woman that must've been an EMT came crashing through the row and started slapping the poor girl trying to see if she'd respond. Of course she's not going to respond! lol. They helped her out of the room and she was back a while later, luckily.
I remember when the same thing happened to me in the doctor's office about three years ago..... I passed out into a chair and my mom later told me I had gone over the back of my chair as well. Only instead of my head landing in someone's lap, it landed in a potted plant... I even dreamed during the episode... so I'll be honest, I wasn't totally worried about the girl... I still haven't figured out of these kinds of episodes are a weird brand of passing out (I'd just gotten a shot, she'd just given blood--there was a bandage on her arm) or a mini seizure, since you do in fact convulse....

Anyway! Other than that, the first day of school went pretty normally! It's the perfect temperature here in Logan right now and rest assured us students are taking advantage of that. The lectures have just started to pick up now and while we're doing somewhat of a review in organic chemistry, we're jumping right in in physics. I must confess, while sitting in physics today I was positively fascinated with what was being taught! I'm FINALLY learning about the REST of the subatomic particles! :)

Well, I hope you all are having marvelous weeks and that you're learning things regardless of whether you're in school or not. :)

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Glad to see you blogged a bit! We love those updates. (Maybe little frail college girls who probably haven't eaten breakfast shouldn't give blood...)