iHola mi querida familia!
How is everyone??
This week has been a week of miracles. Prayer absolutely without a doubt works. Fasting also absolutely without a doubt works. I already knew this.... but the Lord allowed me to actually witness the miracles of my and others' efforts this week very blatantly. This week I fasted for a few people... and it was just astonishing the results. It was also astonishing at how my faith grew BEFORE I saw the results. I remember praying the night I began the fast and pleading with the Lord to literally bind Satan in certain people's lives because I was so positive that if he was bound for a short period of time, if he wasn't allowed to destroy what little these people had, they could really use what they had been given and push through and that the result would be wonderful. This is only the third time I remember praying and really being so sure of what I was praying for and not having any idea why I knew it or why I was praying for it because half of the things you pray for when those promptings come are things beyond your capacity to know--you just don't have the background or familiarity with the situation... and yet somehow you hear yourself plead for things in others' behalf. . . . . . . and then a few days later. . . . . I learned that it had actually happened. And these situations that these people were in were honestly impossible. They were NOT easy fixes in the least. BUT
God is Great. He knows His children more than we comprehend. And when we live worthy and seek after opportunities to be instruments in His hands, He DOES pick us up and wield us in whatever way will benefit His other children most, whether we understand how we're being wielded or not.
Another miracle happened this past Tuesday. We were so privileged to hear from Elder Scott at our devotional. These special witnesses of the Lord Jesus Christ always speak with such power and authority and love... He spoke to us very personally and individually. He gave us excerpts from his personal journal about how the Holy Ghost works. He talked to the sister missionaries a lot and pronounced apostolic blessings upon us in particular. Then he pronounced more apostolic blessings on all missionaries in attendance. Unbelievable blessings. Then, the most powerful portion of his talk of all, he bore solemn witness of Jesus as the Christ. He said how He is a Personage of Perfect Love. That he, Elder Scott, loves Him. And that he knows Him.
And I add my testimony to his, as I did in the district meeting on Tuesday, that Jesus IS the Christ. And that that truth alone holds more eternal significance for each and every one of us than we yet have the capacity to understand... but which we have an obligation to study and learn about "by study and also by faith". After that devotional, the power of his Special Witness hit me harder than I could've imagined. When he spoke of how the Redeemer is a Personage of Perfect Love, he was speaking from experience. I bear witness of modern-day prophets and apostles. Jesus Christ is at the head of this church and No One Else.
This week Hna. Birch had a tough Thursday. In the middle of class she said she received a very powerful prompting that a member of her family had been hurt and that she needed to fast. It's interesting trusting in someone else's prompting--particularly when you've never received one similar to it yourself. But we supported her and loved her. She also received a blessing. We are simply so blessed to have the Priesthood on the earth again.
There are soooooo many more things I want to tell you, but I'll have to close it up here soon. I'm chopping all my hair off!!!!!! In like 2 hours. So excited.
The Spanish is so hard but it's coming. And the Gift of Tongues is real.
I love you all so very much and am so thankful I have you for my family.
Our Savior lives.
This Church is His and it is true.
Hna. Underlin
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like Emily is doing great. She is a wonderful missionary. Post a picture of her new haircut.
Linda--we would if we had one! She sent photos this week but they were taken weeks before.
Post a Comment