Saturday, November 13, 2010

MTC No. 8

iiiFAMILIA!!!

How are you all doing??? I miss y'all so much and hope you're doing well and having wonderful experiences and growing--especially spiritually. <3

This week, as you might've guessed, was another GREAT one.
We got 2 new districts in our zone so that means I oriented them with the zone leaders. One of them, Elder Bell, looks JUST like Daniel. my cousin! So I'm naturally partial to him in a sisterly way. :) He's awesome. Same with all the rest of them. I also get released from being coordinating sister this week because next week we start visitors center training and apparently they don't want meetings to clash times with training so I have to be released. But it has been a very neat experience and I've learned a LOT about correct leadership. Thank Heaven for Section 121 of the D&C, right? If it weren't for that section I would've been lost as to how to handle certain situations that have come up. But the Lord takes care of His children. :) I know that to be true.
So this week I get to train Hna. Lambert as the next CS. She's a darling, wonderful, strong missionary and I have every confidence she'll do great and be a huge strength to those she serves.

On Tuesday, we were once again privileged to hear from one of the Brethren. Three times in a row! We heard from Elder Ballard that day and Hna. Birch was asked to give the benediction so we all sat on the stand..... and he was the first Apostle to turn around after the meeting and shake all of our hands. We were really surprised, but it was naturally really neat. I honestly never thought I'd shake an apostle's hand. His talk was very good. It was on being master teachers and master communicators. Y'all can read my notes later. ;)

During our study times this week, I'm happy to report we've made VERY good use of our time. We always, do fear not, because we know that after all, it's not our time, it's His. But we got even better this week and we plan to keep going at the same rate because if we do we'll be in goooood shape. :)
We're really starting to be better at simplifying lessons, making them powerful and direct, and SPEAKING IN COMPLETE SPANISH. That's definitely the challenge. But it's coming. Because God is Great. And the Gift of Tongues is real. You still have to work your tail off to qualify for that gift, however.

Last night, we heard from Sheri Dew! She is so funny. There were many times during that fireside that she reminded me of myself. At one point she goes, "My personality is not programmed to do well one hold... I don't do well on hold..." as she was talking about calling an airline hahaha. And she's really straightforward, doesn't beat around the bush. She's a neat lady. I didn't know she was like chief editor for Deseret Book and on some national committee for women... She spoke about the importance of
-knowing who we really are
-knowing just what Jesus Christ did for us
-realizing we can receive personal revelation

Before that, however, we had mission conference since it was Fast Sunday. VERY good conference. I loved it especially because the thing actually happened to me that the apostles always talk about, how they hope you're taking notes throughout their talk, but not on anything they say, just what the Holy Ghost is telling us individually. And it happened. I only took about half a page worth of notes on what was actually said over the pulpit. The other 2 pages were things that the Holy Ghost was communicating to me that I needed to remember or continue doing after the mission in order to fulfill my LIFE mission. Thank goodness for the Gift of the Holy Ghost.

Christ lives.
His Church is true.

Hna. Underlin

No comments: