Sunday, December 12, 2010

December 6, 2010

Hola mi amorosa familia. Les amo mucho y les extrano. iPero estoy trabajando por mi Padre y por la estarbien de mis hermanos!

Pues.... Como estan??

Esta semana fue [ok English now so y'all can understand me] good. It was a roller coaster though. You've probably heard that about missionary work--the roller coaster aspect. Last week we had some amazing lessons with Jen and her friend Sheryl. Then we couldn't get a hold of Jen. She wasn't home whenever we'd go over and her phone was disconnected (her boyfriend's ex-wife has been .... yeah... so she changed her phone number.) So that was basically Sunday/Monday... with regard to Jen at least. Then she called us and we taught her again and then the next time was with Sheryl again.
And we committed them both to baptism!!!!
Now pray for these wonderful women that they will have the will and strength and faith to quit smoking, marry their boyfriends and quit drinking coffee. Our lessons are so powerful and they feel the Spirit very strongly and they have committed to quit smoking. We still need to commit them to quit drinking coffee and yeah the other thing. Jen's boyfriend is deployed and they're getting married when he gets home--she already calls his mother her mother-in-law and has a ring. Her mother-in-law has been very instrumental. She is a member and is who Jen calls when we're away. But Tony, her boyfriend, wants her to wait until he gets home for R&R to get baptized. IN JULY. Ummmm... NO. When people wait to be baptized, the Spirit leaves and Satan has that time to convince them of his agenda instead. He won't give up so we can't give up. And whenever a person is committed for baptism, he always turns up the heat because he knows that their having the gift of the Holy Ghost is so important. So please please pray your hardest for Jen and Sheryl.... and Josie. Josie's husband is also deployed and she's all set for baptism, but she wants to wait until March to be baptized so he can do it. NO! In the first place, the Spirit, as I said, ceases when they wait too long and it's just simply important for them to be baptized asap (and put the Lord FIRST), but their husbands are less-active or inactive and so it'll take more time once they're home to have their priesthood reactivated and blah blah blah stuff always seems to happen.... SO THIS CAN'T HAPPEN. I need to study about how to teach them this and correctly convey the importance of not waiting until their husbands come home.
We also went to visit a less active last week who happened to have a non-member, Marina, over at the time. NOT a coincidence. We spoke primarily in Spanish, which made it hard for me to keep up, but she said how she had gone to different churches, had prayed for God to show her which church was right and that she was scared of joining the wrong one. Umm... has she been prepared to hear the message? I think SO. But she has many doubts. And it will take some time to understand what she needs and help her to understand that this is the direction God intends her to follow, but I have never been so sure in my life of how great the love of God is for His children and how much He wants them to come into His fold, to accept the true and living Christ through His restored Gospel. The key for us as missionaries is to make sure are always the people God can use as ample instruments. Because goodness knows it's not us who's teaching in those lessons...

So much more happened too this week with various people, investigators and random people we contacted and less actives, but ya know. Good thing it's being recorded in Heaven because I can't write it all down! :)

So this week we have Zone Conference! My companion is so excited for this she reminds me of it about every 4.5 hours lol. So I guess they're pretty good or something.... :) It's in Wichita this time. That'll take place on Friday. And we have a baptism this Saturday with Blayne McKinney and it's also the Spanish branch's Christmas party. Busy wizzy week.

Oh, ha, so the mission pres. gave us permission to listen to Christmas music and the "Mr. Grinch" song came on when we were in the car and, Rach, when he said your favorite line I had to bust up laughing: "You're a nasty wasty skunk!" Oh I miss our movie quotations....

What is going on at home?? I haven't heard from anybody, really, in FAR too long.... Just because you now have to pay for postage doesn't mean you have permission to stop writing to meeee!! :)

And now for the portion to my darling friends....
Emily Blotter~ A letter is currently being written!! I LOVED your last letter. When does USU get out for the break?
Brady~ Yes, I know I'm behind lol, but you've been on a mission--you KNOW there's no time to write. :) Be patient. Hope you're doing well.
Ervin~ Hi. Umm.... yeah I'll just write you a letter cuz I ain't sayin this stuff on a blog lol.
Rachie P~ I miss hearing from you! I know it's not fair, but write to me even though I may not have written to you in the interim. I want to know what's going on!
Zach Blackhurst~........ AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! You're home!!!!!!!!! Did you get my letter????? Can't wait to hear from you!!
Jake W.~ Did you die? Did you get the letter I sent to your parents' house? Did you get a girlfriend or something? That's usually when guys tend to suddenly fall off the face of the earth and lose contact with everyone else hahahahaha......

Well, my dears, I love you mucho.
Can't wait to hear from you SOON.
Send letters to
104 W. Fourth St.
Junction City, KS 66441

Con amor,
Hermana Underlin

No comments: