Tuesday, January 4, 2011

December 20, 2010

Oh boybee this week was interesting. As always. :) Last week was hard and disappointing... and this week naturally had some of that too, haha, but I testify of the power of the Atonement through the sacrament once again because it's real. The Lord blessed our efforts this week. We visited more members than usual this week in order to give them copies of the Book of Mormon that they will prayerfully place and give to people they feel inspired to give them to. Hopefully we will gain some investigators through this, but more than that, I hope that it will at least plant seeds, or start some balls rolling, even if that's not an immediate missionary visit or baptism. And we're really trying to get the ward and branch more involved in the missionary work by having more of a relationship with them and asking them to help us with different things, etc. And we're seeing that it's helping. We're receiving more referrals and feel closer to the ward members.

We have two new investigators: Chenoah ("Shen-oh-uh"), the new wife of a returning-to-activity Tongan RM, Bro. L.--he wants to take her to the temple very much, but there are a few issues that have to be worked out. :) And Don, his friend, whom I contacted at the wedding. They live far away (our area is huge) so that's an issue, but yeah. Pray for them. Boy, at one point in the lesson (we taught them both at the same time last week), their friend Petie came in who's a very strong Christian and completely chased away the Spirit, which had been very palpable before. Very argumentative and we tried the best we could to keep the Spirit there, answer calmly, but he was just kinda one of those who was bent on disproving us and not really listening anyway... which then planted some bad seeds in Chenoah's and Don's minds....
It... was an interesting lesson.... :)
But we know they felt the Spirit. Don even said that, as he read the introduction to the B of M, he felt a burning in his chest. I'm not trying to blow it out of proportion--he's not reading the B of M on his own, sadly, and he didn't come to church, but I hope that he remembers that. Sometimes it takes people 8 or 34 times of feeling the Spirit strongly to to soften their heart. :) He believes in Christ, though. I believe he's been prepared to hear the Gospel. Maybe we're the ones who'll bring it to him, maybe not. But we're doing our best to bring him closer to Christ than he was before, at least.

Thank you for telling me some of the things Dev said in his homecoming talk. I LOVE that kid. He's amazing and now he's even better! :) Zach also just returned from the mission. So weird to me... and Tanner... And Brant comes home in February.

Anyway, I love you all so very much and thank you for the package! I received a package today straight from the mailman's truck haha. We had just checked our mail (empty) and came around the corner to get in the car and we both screamed (my comp and I) at the mail truck hahahaha and he slammed on his brakes, jumped out, and said, "I have a package for you!" I have NO idea how he knew he had a package for me--it's still a mystery to us both haha--but he handed me my package! And I haven't even told you guys our apt (#207) number yet so it's amazing I've been getting mail.

I love you all again! I really gotta go now!!

Con mucho amor,
Hna. Underlin

No comments: