Thursday, January 13, 2011

Enero 10

This week was... of course... awesome. :)
It's so crazy to me every week how the beginning of the week seems like a year ago, how the end of the week is so different from how it began. At the beginning of last week, my companion Hna. Morelos was so sick. She ran a fever and her throat was killing her and I did as best I could to take care of her. On Tuesday we got the transfer call. Sister Morelos was to be transfered to Concordia, MO ..... where my former comp Sis. Birch is!! They are like night and day, but I love both of them SO MUCH and they'll be wonderful. They're ushering a couple Spanish families into the Gospel! On Wednesday, I took Hna. M to an NP to get her checked out. Luckily she didn't have strep. They gave her some amoxicillin and tylenol with codeine (THAT helped lol) and then she was outa here on Thursday morning. So needless to say, Tuesday thru Thursday was a bit rough. It was so hard to say goodbye to each other. We just kept on giving each other things and telling each other things... She did NOT want to go. Not at ALL. And I didn't want her to go either. But I was blessed to receive Sis. Nuckles as my new companion--Hna. Morelos's other favorite companion. :) Haha, a couple weeks ago we were driving and she goes, "You're not supposed to have favorites... but... mine are you and Sis. Nuckles." hahaha
So Sis. N came in Thurs. morning and it has been great serving with her and getting to know her. We've taught some really good lessons since Thursday and both gave talks in the Spanish branch yesterday haha. crazy! And last night we gave the first lesson to a young Spanish family. Son MUY buenos! haha But yeah, it's a little stressful to take over an area when you've only been out 6 weeks! It's almost like training. But Hna. N is already a good missionary so it's easier than training, I'm sure, ha. But yeah, just keeping track of everything that needs to be done in both the ward and the branch and with all the investigators is a tall job at times.
So we're trying our best to take care of our investigators and 'los menos activos' and being obedient so that we can actually do that. I love this quotation in PMG: "Your calling gives you authority and your obedience gives you power." something like that...

Thanks, Mom, for having those tights resent. I've really been missing them! But yeah, actually last night/today has been our first snow here in JC. So far it has snowed like 6 inches!! So great. Today is my comp's birthday so we're going to try and do something kinda fun today for p-day... not sure how much we can do, though, because the roads are covered ha. Good thing I know how to drive in the snow. She's from St. George and has only driven in it once so on our way out today she goes, "Umm... you wanna drive today?"

Por favor busque oportunidades misionales!!!! iCompartan el evangelio! Gracias.

Tengo que emailar mi presidente misional ahorita. iHasta luego!


Hna. Underlin

No comments: