Well, you probably figured out why there wasn't any email on Monday... And then Tuesday was our zone conference in Wichita.
My new comp Hna. Nuckles is great! She is super nice and we get along very, very well. I love her perspective in lessons and in comp study and when talking about investigators, etc.
We had SO many crazy, interesting, powerful, poignant, out-there experiences last week. I'll try to pick a couple.
On Friday, we had been trying to contact a bunch of part member families without success and by then it was after 8 (and people don't want you in their house after 8 unless you were already there) so we were on our way home to practice some Spanish when we passed by the Church of Deliverance. A strong surge of curiosity caught us and we turned around, parked and walked in. We were ushered into a row toward the front and heard a lady preacher. I was surprised at how many things we agreed with. They were AMAZING at fellowshipping, that's for sure. The whole congregation told us they loved us. Twice. And then afterward basically everyone there hugged us, told us "God bless" and how much they wanted to see us again. We were invited to their Bible Study on Tuesday. And the craziest thing... one of our investigators was in the audience: Trujilda, the Colombian, and her sister. We came home and I just had an overwhelming feeling that we had been there for a reason, but I wasn't totally sure what it was.
Saturday... we ate at a Spanish branch member's home--SO good--and then not much success to speak of that night.
Saturday night/Sunday morning I kept waking up with the worst stomach ache and nausea I've had in years. Finally, after hours of it, at 5:30 a.m. I got up and puked. Puking is such a weird experience. You sweat (and I'm not a sweat-er), your heart rate is like 130, you go all pale and dizzy.... yuckgh.
Then I went back to bed.
Then I got up again at 6:45 and puked again.
And my comp made me go back to bed again.
Then I puked again at 10.
I was in bad shape all day Sunday. I was obviously super dehydrated so I had the massive headache and then the hot 'n cold thing and the achy skin and nausea. I was super mad cuz we had an appt. that night with Diana and Pele, our main Spanish investigators, and we can only see them on Sunday evenings so it would be another week before we could see them. Plus we had a team up with the Vegas... GRRR. But whatdya do? Sunday was super long and we both just read a lot of scriptures and I slept a lot.
Monday I woke up a little better. Not throwing up, but definitely not back to normal. And then we drove to Wichita that night and spent the night there.
Tuesday was zone conference. AMAAAAZING. The last one (Every one) was (is) very good. But I gleaned a lot more from this one and it was just better all around for me. And the Lord blessed me to start feeling better as zone conf. wore on. That night when we got back to JC and went to the Bible Study..... I dunno. It was just super interesting to me. A new experience. Something I believed but hadn't experienced up to that point for myself. After the spiritual feast at zone conf... the Bible Study.... it was like a drop in the ocean, basically. They went off on tangents. Only a bit of it was doctrinally incorrect, but the full force of the Spirit of the Lord just wasn't directing that meeting and it was so evident after the Spirit we'd felt just a few hours before.
Haha, so I found some black boots in our pantry someone left here that I tromp around the snow in.... they are HIDEOUS. I'm wearing them right now. =0)
And they're too big for me. But hey, if you can't wear deplorable boots on your mish when can ya? Another thing, I chopped my hair again!! Yay. It's so fun. I'll send pics soon.
So today it's blizzarding. Good thing I know how to drive in the snow... But we're not going to go to our dinner appt. in Enterprise cuz that's 30 min away via freeway and farm road... just not smart, right? What else is new... well, lots of things actually, like we've been finding a lot of people to teach lately so we have a large pool. It's just terrifying when you get sick or have other things happen you can't control that thwart your visiting them and teaching them. You don't want to lose 'em.
Now for a blog shoutout:
Emily Blotter~ WHERE IS MY LETTER??? I hope you got mine. And I know school's busy... but I need updates from you on MANY topics!!!!!.....
Brady: Hahahaha so the story of how I finally got your package is kind of funny/ridiculous. But I did get it and it was awesome and the letter [aka novel] you wrote me was awesome and I hope you are doing grrrrrreat. I'm jealous of your temple working opportunity every single day. But it's ok. Cuz I'm here!
Rachel P: Hope to hear from you soon! I dreamed about you the other night!
Okey dokey, I need to wrap it up and write Pres.
I love you all "so muches" (as Hna Morelos would say) and hope to hear from y'all very soon.
Tengan una buena semana.
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment