Tuesday, February 22, 2011

febrero 14

For some reason I was SUPER excited to check my email today. Just so good to hear from you all!

The leadership training you mentioned Brent going to... obviously the leaders of my ward and branch here went to it and they told me about it and it was AMAZING. The bishop told us that we are now formally invited to attend (the bishop has to give the ok for us to attend certain meetings, that being one of them) so too bad he didn't say that before the meeting! ha. But they changed the 3-fold mission of the church to the 1-fold mission with 4 sub points. And IT'S ALL ONE WORK!!! as we've been trying to stress in the ward with our WML. It's ALL missionary work! It's all the work of the salvation of souls. :)

I'm feeling better, thank heaven. It helps when President called for a mission-wide fast for everyone's health (and a few other things). Apparently many were sick. I'm not all better by any means--in fact every single day my body amazes me in the amount PLUGGAGE it produces--but my voice is almost normal now. Almost. Still can't sing. :(

This week, despite being sick, we worked HARD! It was awesome. We taught a TON.
The Ks are still progressing. We had dinner with them and the Ws (WML) on Thursday and had a lesson on the Priesthood which went really well. She did say that night that her current difficulty is Joseph Smith. I can definitely relate. I didn't gain a real testimony of the First Vision until I was 17. Obviously if the Book of Mormon is true and the religion true Joseph HAD to have been a prophet, but for some reason you need more than the logic. You definitely need the spiritual confirmation for yourself before you can testify of it.
H's baptism was awesome! I LOVE baptisms. Of course. :) And if we pray enough, listen to the Spirit enough, and work hard enough we will have 5 more soon. :) . . . . . . . But Bro. B is absolutely right. You don't ever really know just how ready they are or where they are on their spiritual journey. Investigators are like icebergs and you only see the tip but everyone has these deep down concerns and backgrounds and tendencies and weaknesses and Satan knows them better than we do and he works on them like crazy while they take the discussions from us. Thank Heaven the Holy Ghost knows them perfectly.....
We began teaching the Ws as well. Another army family. They're open and sweet and I would ask that you pray for them with me! G lost his mother in his arms when he was 16 and we taught the plan of salvation on Saturday and it went really well. They didn't attend church, however, so we'll do our best to help them attend next week.
The Ws are good too. Not progressing as fast as they were, but we're not giving up. L (mom) and C (son, 5) came to church yesterday and it was good to see them. A young man in the ward gave a 15 minute talk on dating and standards..... never ceases to surprise me what people say over the pulpit. Sis. N and I were cringing at least 12 of those 15 minutes. And he talked about the awfulness of nonmembers... as Sis. W who is married to one and whose daughter is one is sitting next to us.... yeah. Fun fun. Her favorite part was when he said that nonmembers come with a lot of "baggage" .......... Ya know, cuz members don't and everything.... hahaha
Last Monday after we had emailed, we went to the PX (army Walmart basically) and as we were leaving a soldier came up to us, introduced himself, and said that he and his wife had felt the need to give us their address so we could come and visit, that they had been inactive for a long time, but wanted to come back. (Miracle! If it weren't for many things leading up to that we wouldn't have been there at that particular time... and we don't have his records in the ward so we didn't know about him and we can't tract on base....) So we visited them this week and then they also invited us for dinner on Friday. They're an awesome family.

Soo.... we get the transfer call tomorrow night.... can't believe it has been another 6 weeks. I will be SO ..... NOT HAPPY ... if I'm transferred.........

Well, I hope all of your weeks and Valentine's Days go well and are full of LOVE. Thanks for the card and the package. I looooooooove you all!!

No comments: