This week was... well, a bit hard. Luckily I LOVE being a missionary so I took it in stride. :)
The majority of our investigators .... mmmff. They stopped progressing and got more flaky or we couldn't get a hold of them or it wasn't a good time, etc. So we went to Chapman, KS and tried to contact PMFs, went by an Islamic Mosque, ordered our free Qurans, contacted a million (or tried) PMFs within JC and have basically been helping the bishop clean up the ward list in the process by finding out who has moved, who died, who converted to another religion, etc. And going into 4 million homes and getting not as much sleep as we'd like and constantly being stressed equals... yup... I'm sick. Very sick. So sorry, Dad, but your email didn't find me healthy and well haha. Tuesday my throat started feeling weird. Hurt in the mornings but just felt THICK throughout the days... and eventually my throat swelled up so that there was only a little hole for my throat and I lost most of my voice and got phlegmy and then the congestion came with the HUGE lymph nodes and small fever and painful head and neck. But a doctor in the ward gave me a bunch of meds and told me to GO TO BED (you always feel like a slacker if you climb in bed when you could be out teaching or contacting people so you avoid it at all costs). It was pretty bad when I got up yesterday, but I ignored it because we had way too many things to do that day at church (missionaries run around like chickens with their heads cut off on Sundays) and two investigating families supposed to be attending church... there was no way I was staying home. And yes, I did get worse but I don't regret it. We got SO much done. :) :) But at about 6:15 last night we both felt like we were going to DIE (she had a really bad headache) so we went home.
So anyway! On Friday, we helped a family move in on Fort Riley, the Ks. They were referred by some members in North Carolina (Fort Bragg) right before the members moved. (silly people!!) They were being taught by the elders over there for about 2.5 weeks and then we got 'em! They're amazing. They have 2 little girls, 1 and 3, and they came to church yesterday for Sacrament. The mom has a hard time leaving her kids with other people unless she knows them very well so they didn't stay for Sunday School, but we introduced them to the nursery leader and kids and Saturday night took them brownies and answered their questions, etc. We're stuper excited to start teaching them. They feel "engrossed" in the Book of Mormon (!!!!) and they talk about it together and they keep commitments and... yeah. Super excited to work with them. I just pray that the Lord will help us be the missionaries they need.
We couldn't get a hold of the W. family for the better part of this week, which really worried and saddened us. But then they finally called back on Friday and we set up an apt. on Saturday for Monday (today). Ed won't be there, but we'll have dinner with the rest of the family and I think it'll be good to be able to focus on Linda and Connor (we got him a picture B of M!) and maybe Brittany if she's there.
We also were finally able to contact a Temple Square referral we'd been trying to contact for weeks last week. Well, actually we contacted his wife and little boy. But we'll definitely be going back, she was super friendly and seemed open and the little boy really wanted us to come back haha.
Then we had dinner with a rockstar-awesome family the C.s on Saturday evening. One of Bro. C.'s coworkers has been asking a lot of questions about the Church and he really wanted to come to church, even without the wife, though he tried to convince her. She didn't want to come, but then she like had a fight with someone over the phone and afterward said she wanted to go with him...? They are expecting their first child and for the 4th time he has started praying about which church to join, which church is right and he says that every single time he has prayed about that, there has been a Mormon placed in his path.... so now he's starting to get the point, haha, and he thinks it's not a coincidence. (Of course it's not!!) So we were anxious to have them at church yesterday.. but Satan has a tendency to make people sick Saturday nights and Sunday mornings... He does it a LOT actually. But I was talking to Sis. C. last night and said, "Well it's good we're strong willed and won't give up, huh? Take THAT, Satan!!" and she went, "Hahaha that's right!" She's so funny. They are so sarcastic and laid back and Sis. Nuckles and I felt right at home there Saturday night haha.
So we've had dinner all over the place lately and I've picked up a couple boyfriends along the way hahaha. Tanner and Bryce. They're both 4. :) Tanner kept whispering to his mom during dinner (this was the T. family) and he'd come up and give me hugs periodically and blush it was so funny. And then Bryce is the C.'s 4 yr old and he was playing peek-a-boo over the pews with me at church and every time I looked at him he'd pretend to keel over with a smile on his face hahahaha. His big blue eyes and little mohawk.... so cute.
One of the big things we were busy doing yesterday was finalizing our upcoming baptism! This Saturday is Hannah's baptism. She's the 10 yr old daughter of a recent convert. Her mom was baptized a little while ago and she's the only one of her kids who wanted to be taught by the missionaries, and her step dad who was inactive but is now very active in the church will be baptizing her. :)
Okay, now for the blog shout-outs...
Rachel P ~ Where is my letter??? Haha jk. But really. It's time Em heard from Rachie.
Brady ~ The letter's comin, don't worry. So your great-grandpa Wren was born south of JC? Well we just visited a PMF last week whose last name was Wren.... AHH! Considering how you're somehow connected to everyone I know..... yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if they were connected somehow.
To everyone I love: Happy Valentine's Day in a week!!
Monday, February 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment