Sunday, March 20, 2011

Marzo 15

Hola familia,

Yup, this week I had P day on Tuesday. So it'll be a couple weeks before I hear from any of you because everyone waits til Tuesday night or Wednesday morning to email me lol. You snooze I lose I guess haha.

So anyway, how's everyone's week been?

Well, I got to go to the K's baptism on Saturday!! It was awesome!! It was so neat to see them again. Bro W picked us up from KC with Sis H (someone I was close to in JC) cuz Sis. W is about to pop she's so pregnant. And it was good to see some of the JC crowd and Sis. N again... and then C drove us back afterward and we got to know each other a lot more then. :) I'll send pictures of the baptism with the Ks... I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost and played the piano and last-minute-ly accompanied Sis N singing the same song that I sang at my baptism. :) The Ks are solid. I love that. What a unique privilege I had to help bring a solid family into the gospel. That's every missionary's dream.

So about the Book of Mormon signed with some of the YW's testimonies. There are actually 2 teen girls here that could benefit from it. SP has 2 daughters, 10 and 13, and the 13 yr old seems precocious. And then B, 17, in JC, the daughter of the W family... So that's neat....
But so last week when we met with SP, it went very well. :) We taught her the first lesson, she nodded all the way through it, was already on 1 Nep. 10 and before Sis. D could even finish the sentence to commit her for baptism, she's like, "Oh yeah! Of course!" So we're excited about her. She has a tough work schedule, however. She's starting up a new branch of her company in Nevada so she has to jump around quite a bit and thus we don't get to teach her as often as we'd like. But so that makes 3 people currently, along with S and H. :)
Satan is DEFINITELY doing his best to thwart things, though. He never goes down without a fight. Random stupid things keep keeping H from attending church. And for once it's NOT the investigator's lack of motivation. He's wanted to come for 4 weeks. Satan is very creative in his tactics. This week he decided to put H's daughter in law in the hospital in Minnesota. His son wasn't able to be with her and so he left Saturday night for Minnesota to be with her and take care of things. Which means we have to move his baptism back to the 27th instead of his birthday, the 20th. :( :( :(
We gave H a church tour last Thursday and in it I asked him why he wanted to be baptized and why he thought baptism into this church was necessary instead of another church, etc. He replied, "iPorque es verdadero!" and then explained the peace he feels when he reads and when we teach him. Everything clicks. And when he prayed as we instructed him to, he felt it was true. The doctrine of prophets made sense. He realizes that baptism means a new life and he's excited to start it, to have his sins washed away. He has such amazing faith. So then after the church tour we were waiting with him for his ride home and we gave him the Word of Wisdom pamphlet. He goes, "Oh! Bueno. No fumo, no tomo..." (aka I don't smoke or drink) we said, "Si! Es bueno. Pero hay dos cosas mas..." and we told him about no tea or coffee. He kind of paused and told us how he drinks coffee a few times a week.... "Pero... no mas! Starting tomorrow, I no more drink coffee." He just continues to amaze Sis D and I with his faith. The things he expressed that day humbled us. He trusts us so much. It's humbling to be a servant of the Lord and have someone so meek have so much faith in what you teach them to be willing to change his/her life... It's a privilege.
However, there are a lot of times on the mission when you feel like a complete failure. You're doing the best you can, but things still don't work out. Or, despite your best intentions, you mess up or weren't aware of something... But ya live and learn.

Alrighty then...
Th-th-th-th-th-that's all folks!
Until next week, have a wonderfully sunny week! In all aspects!

No comments: