This week was so good.
My companion and I had a few really neat conversations about the gospel and other different things, we taught some good lessons, have 2 people committed for baptism!!!!!!!!!! and have finally gotten in touch with a couple people that we've been searching for for a while.
First of all, the K's baptism got moved to the 12th so I'll be heading to that on Saturday. But I'm very excited!
The 2 people we have set for baptism here are H and S.
We can't believe some of these people we meet and teach. They are so prepared by the Lord to receive His gospel. It's amazing how, if His children just listen and let Him go to work, He does!!
S is a young black woman who has been through some crazy stuff. But she's basically more in tune with the Spirit than I am... and she doesn't even have it yet! She met Sis. D on a bus in Kaw River (Kansas City, KS) and saw a picture of a B of M on her pass along card and said, "Oh! I've been wanting one of those!" and they gave her one, taught her once in a McDonald's, and then she fell off the face of the earth. (so many do....) Then she finally reappeared this week and she's in much better circumstances and she's in Alma 51 or something, started from the beginning! I'm excited to get to teach her more and know her better.
Then H we've been teaching for a couple weeks and we committed him to be baptized on March 20. And he said it was the perfect day because it's his birthday! I was like, "Yaya! Fui bautizada en mi cumpleanos tambien! ....pero tenia 8 anos.... hahaha." He's so ready. He was asking us what else he needed to do to prepare more to be baptized. He doesn't drink or smoke or live-in-sin and he loves the Libro de Mormon. He doesn't understand all of it, he admits, but it's good and he reads the parts over and over that he doesn't understand.
I'm getting more used to the VC now. I still want more time in our area, but alas, it's ok. And the Lord definitely blesses us in the time we do have.
Last week we were able to help D organize her things after we helped her move on Tuesday. It was good and we got to talk to her about the gospel. We need to see her again soon, though...
She was supposed to come to stake conference on Sunday and didn't. Stake Conf was amazing, by the way. Pres. Eyring and Elder Cook and Bishop Burton and Sister Cook spoke. VERY good talks. Of course. So this was our super-duper-frustrating moment for the week...
We set H up with a ride to stake conf. with the P family. Sunday morning at 7 they call us and tell us they can't bring him. So we call half the ward to find him another ride and finally Bro. L said he could pick him up. He went and rang and knocked but no one answered, and he described the house and we knew he had the right one.... and we called H 10 times and his phone was screwing up for some reason.... (only time it's ever done that...) and we were so sad when he wasn't there. Especially since he was supposed to come to the VC afterward. Then later in the day he called us and we were like, "Le extranamos, a la conferencia de la estaca...." and he told us how he had gotten up at 7 and showered and gotten all ready and went out at 8:30 and looked for a car..... no car.... and then again at 9.... no car.... and he has no idea why his phone wouldn't ring for us or why he didn't hear any doorbell. "Yo estaba al hogar! Si! Si! Estaba esperando por el ride!" He was totally ready and waiting.... BAHH. I hate Satan. But this Sunday that will not happen. No way.
USU won the WAC!!!!!!!! (my comp's dad updates her on all the sports. And apparently BYU has been getting a lot of publicity about that honor-code-breaking-player... but that it has actually been a good thing.)
And thank the YW and ward for the signed Book of Mormon. I'll do my best to place it in the hands of another teenage girl who will be most effected.
I thank you muchly for your prayers. They are seriously real. God hears them and blesses us as missionaries with the things you pray for.
Thank you for your emails and letters. I love hearing about life at home.
One last thing I should've said before, I love taking tours at the VC. Especially nonmember tours. :) I took a couple of those this week and they both went very well. It's neat how the special feeling and spirit within the VC works on people. They feel the difference. They walk out with Books of Mormon and with the commitment to go to church, different things like that whereas they wouldn't have otherwise.
And yesterday I went on exchanges into an English area, but got to teach in Spanish! It was good, too, that I came that night because the husband wouldn't have understood much at all if it was all in English as it would've been if I weren't there. Yay. God is great.
I hope you all are doing marvelously, growing spiritually, physically (did you win the competition, DAD?????), mentally, emotionally and socially. I know I am!
Hasta despues...
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment