Well, as Woody would say, Howdy howdy howdy!
Hna B. and I just keep loving the work! The mission has some new, high goals for baptisms and new investigators, etc. this month and next so that President can go out with a bang. 100 people baptized in May! So we're just workin workin workin to find the people who are ready for the Restored Gospel.
OH! H WAS BAPTIZED ON SUNDAY!!!!!
Man. He was truly converted. I LOVE hearing about his experience when he prayed to know if the Book of Mormon is true and if Joseph Smith is a prophet. And his baptism was beautiful. We had JC, another very recent convert, baptize H. And we had a lot of support from the ward. He was SO ready. And after his baptism he couldn't stop talking about how happy he was--not just immediately after, but like days after... Yesterday when we taught him his first New Member lesson he told us about how he came out of Walmart and a guy threw a car jack into his car window.... and he didn't get mad at him. He just sent him on his way, vacuumed up the glass and is going to replace the window... He's so full of light right now and I'm SO thankful I was the lucky one to see it through, to be able to teach and know and love him. He'll be a strong member now.
During his baptismal interview he told Elder N. how when he was in Mexico as a boy, working on his grandpa's farm, his grandpa would watch him work and sometimes they'd see the misioneros go by. He'd say, "Grandpa! Who are they?" His abuelo would tell him they're the men of God. He then asked, "Well shouldn't we follow them then?" his grandpa would reply yes, he (H) could, but he was too old and set in his ways. So H would follow the Elders around on his bike and they'd give him cards, but wouldn't ever teach him. He'd put the cards under his pillow and saved them. Fast forward 35 years.... he's finally a member of the true church of Jesus Christ. He loves church and learns and ponders. And he's content that this was his time. And he has started a new life!
Other than that, we're just tryin to keep all our new investigators on board! We have high hopes for E and his family, Z, and M. It's great teaching Hispanics.... but they work ALL THE TIME!! hahaha
Well'm, there's just too little time to say what there is to say. I wish I was a better journal-er. No time, though. Ever. But it's a good thing.
I hope you all are mucho bien and that you're READING YOUR BOOK OF MORMON EVERY DAY or at least something of the Standard Works every day. I really like Brent's scripture study idea. I've done something similar and it's super good. Your understanding sky-rockets when you study all 4 at a time.
Well, I love you all!
Tengo que irme!
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment