Familia querida!
Muchisisisisisisisimas gracias por sus emails. They were great. And funny. And I always appreciate them.
Apparently this is the hottest, longest summer Kansas has had in a while. And naturally I'm in 1 of the 2 areas that doesn't have full-time car ha. I have never sweated so much in my entire life. Swimming is against missionary rules.... but ya might as well! We come home WET enough! So I guess Kansas got Utah's heat. And humidity.
Two of our investigators who weren't really progressing very much are now progressing! We're excited for them. But we've had a lot of downsizing in our teaching pool as of late so we're trying to build it back up.
But what made our weekend?? . . . . . .
A. was baptized and confirmed!!!!!
Many came to her baptism to show her support. And she was given 2 blessings yesterday in which she was told that the scriptures were going to be her biggest ally basically. She and I are having a little competition right now. She's trying to catch up to me in the BoM but I can't let her catch up..... I'm in Jacob 5 and she's in like 2 Nephi 24 or something....
We love her so much. She was so excited for her baptism. She's so ready. And she just gets it. I've met many converts out here who joined the church at 17 and 18 and who served missions and are very faithful. Good age to get 'em at haha. She loves missionary work, though. I hope she'll serve some day! And the ward loves her.
So transfers are this week... Sister V and I agree we have no idea what's coming down the pike. We can see all options happening. We both kinda feel like we're being double-transferred out, but at the same time I might stay and be the next companion of Sister. B's trainee. She's a rock, I hear! I've met her a few times and I like her a lot. But who knows what'll happen.
Well, loves, my time's up. I wish you all a WONDERFUL week.
Keep a stiff uppah lip and a fleshy heart.
Read Isaiah 58.
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment