Oooooooooooooooooooooh boy.
Well. . . . . . . . I got transferred. Actually we both did. They closed Kaw River to sisters and we got DTed out (double transferred) so it was crazy getting everything together, dividing our investigators and LAs between the elders and packing and saying goodbye. The bishop was not pleased lol. There are a few of our investigators who'll only meet with sisters so good luck to the elders. Maybe Bishop S can get some women ward missionaries called. So you're probably wondering where Sister V and I ended up? Well Sister V went to jail --the Liberty Jail, that is. Her area is Shoal Creek where the KC temple is being built. Yeehaw. And she's in a tripanionship with the sister leader and a missionary with Asbergers. Kinda tough, but she'll do great.
I . . . . am in Siberia. Ope I mean Hays. I'm actually closer to home than I am to the mission office. It's at the western edge of the mission and our area is enormous. District meetings are 2 hours away. Interviews are 4.5 hours away. And you can imagine how much members like to give us rides...... lol. But it's good. I know I'm here for a reason. I know that there are people in Hays and in our area who are ready to receive the Restored Gospel and that we just have to find them. But the finding here is extremely tricky. In KC we could just walk up to people on the street and start testifying and inviting and it was pretty evident to most people that we had something they wanted. But not here. It's an English area so I'm struggling to keep my Spanish (my companion actually wants to learn Spanish with me! I'll talk about her soon...) Hays is a some-what small town out in the country of Kansas and the other towns in our area are smaller and farther. The ward is tiny, but good. We went over quite a few things yesterday in PEC with the aux. leaders that we can hopefully get up to speed....if the members are willing, that is. Going through the members is probably the most effective way out here I would imagine. We're currently trying to come up with ways to excite the ward, get them on-board, how to serve them and gain their trust, build their faith and stretch them. I feel a little bit like I'm clawing at a brick wall. I'm so ready to go, ready to work, ready to teach, ready to serve.... but there just seems to be a lot of walls we're running into. I was excited to meet the ward and we had an investigator at church--J, who should have a baptismal date by Wednesday. He enjoyed church, and participated a lot. And he's reading!
My companion is Sister T from New Zealand! She actually grew up in Samoa, though, and that's her first language. So that's why it's so funny to speak Spanish with her. A Samoan speaking Spanish.... but she loves it! She's great. She's super different. We're like night and day, but we support each other. I'm only her second companion. Kinda unofficially follow-up-training. This is her 3rd transfer. I love when she testifies to people. She has this strong voice and she just looks 'em straight in the eye and tells em how it is. And her prayers are so sincere too. I'll include a picture hopefully.
So right now we're focused on finding. We need solid investigators. We just contacted a woman whom I contacted way back in Junction City at a member's wedding and whom I gave as a referral to the sisters who were at that time serving here. They lost track of her and we went and found her again and helped her clean her fridge and met her family. :)
Please continue to pray for us to be able to find new investigators and find those who have been prepared to receive this message.
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment