Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Agosto 15

Howdy, howdy, howdy.... otra vez. :)

I'm glad the week went well for all of you. Same here!
Things are definitely lookin' up for Hays. I'll be honest, I had a couple days of depression because the work was not where it should've been here when I came in and I always go through it to some degree with a new area. It's exciting, but a LOAD to take on with every new area. But our zone is focusing on finding right now and we were able to find 5 new investigators last week and even more really good potentials. It's interesting how the Lord leads you to people. He led us to S at the library who gave us an address which, when we went to find, wasn't there... but then we found Sa and J... and when we went to see Sa again we found E whom I believe will get baptized.... Missionary work is so full of miracles.
Last week we went to our first district meeting and had some car time with the other sisters because we carpooled. District mtng is 2 hrs away and we have our first exchange tomorrow. I'm going to Great Bend, KS to teach their neglected pile of Spanish investigators!! Our district is awesome, though. There are us 4 sisters and 4 elders (2 actually because 2 are the zone leaders who're part of both districts) and a senior couple. But this week we have interviews with President on Wednesday and trainings by the APs.

We ate dinner with our WML last night and told funny mission stories--he served in Las Vegas. They also told us about some of the past sister missionary experiences the ward has had.... EEK!

To answer your Q about miles and car rides from members, we have a full-time car, yes, but we have a certain alotment of miles we can go every month. But the "car czar" (senior missionary in charge of cars) just called me and said that President told him to give us more miles so we're up to 2000 now. Wahoo! But we try to be smart with our miles and walk as much as we can and carpool and work one area totally before we move on.

Yes, it is a bit cooler out here. But I think it's also just starting to change season. It gets cooler earlier here. It's still pretty hot tho.

I AM learning, growing, feeling good about representing the Savior. It's amazing how the meaning and import of your calling somehow sinks in and helps your perspective. But I know that one way to keep on top as a missionary is to always make sure you're improving your efforts and skills instead of just enduring or outLASTing.

Well, we have a lesson here in a minute so I must bid y'all adieu.
Thank you for your support, for your prayers, for your love, your examples, and your emails and pkgs!


P.S. A German exchange student fell in love with me yesterday and hugged me! ahh!! Gotta watch out for those Europeans!

No comments: