Como han estado? Ojala que hayan estado bien.
Teniamos intercambios la semana pasada y yo tenia mucha practica hablando espanol con la Hermana M--quien es de Mexico. :)
Ensenamos a los hispanos y todo eso. Siempre disfruto ensenar.
I'm glad you were able to bury some weapons this week. It is definitely a good habit! Sis. T and I have buried 3 more and the work keeps progressing. We're definitely spoiled in the Spirit out here, though. I've honestly noticed how much the Lord has amplified us and our abilities by His infinite amount of ability. (weird wording but you know what I mean)
You're right, Mom, the constancy is tough. I think that's why it helps me to think of the Anti-Nephi-Lehis. You can think of getting rid of bad things and acquiring good ones in whatever way you want, but I found this particular example in the BoM most helpful to me because it is so complete and because they never did fall away and they never dug up their weapons, even at great peril. And later they were a great strength to the Nephites. It's all about commitment. (Usually the weapons we want to bury last are the weapons we need to bury first.) Speaking of the Book of Mormon.... isn't it positively amazing?!?!?! I just finished Alma....
On a different note.....
USU beat Wyoming!!!!!
USU is doing well this season!!
That's crazy that you have snow already! We don't..... knock on wood.... but we had quite a bit of rain this past week and it's been chilly. 50s and 60s. Apparently Utah is taking all of Texas' moisture! Give some to them!
This week has already commenced with a bang and we're determined to keep it going.
Last night we had a really good lesson with C. Ha, he keeps on planning on it being the last time he meets with us, but every time he's like, "I feel so good and uplifted after our meetings that I don't want to stop." He originally started investigating the Church because the girl he was dating was a member. She told him to at least take the lessons and see--that's what she did and ended up finding out it was true. So that girl and he have since broken up, but during that time his motives changed. It began that he was learning to understand and to please her. Now he's learning for himself and he has seen the fruits of it start to bloom in his life as he has started to read and pray sincerely. So last night was neat because this week has been awful for him in every way and as we taught him he said, "Wow. That was the first moment of true peace I've had all week." among other comments. It's really neat being an instrument in such capable Hands. It's also so neat how many capabilities the Spirit has. He enlightens our understanding, he consoles us, he teaches us and testifies to us.... Sis T would agree that he's the best 3rd companion ever!!
We're in the process of getting many new investigators. You're always supposed to be doing that.... but yeah.
M ended up dropping us. :( But she knows we love her and did everything we could for her and her family. She's just not ready yet and not willing to change and keep commitments yet. But I have hope that she'll get there.
I hope you all have a marvelously Autumn-ous week, and that you keep a missionary spirit about you and don't hesitate to share what gives you joy. And I will strive to do the same.
Remember,
God is Great.
The scriptures are key.
The Church is true.
The Savior knows your name.
Prayer is essential.
The Holy Ghost is the thing we should most desire.
Families are forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment