Sunday, January 1, 2012

Noviembre 8

This week we've been very blessed.
We were able to find 6 new investigators! And we found a Spanish family! And we're teaching 3 firefighters. And another guy named G. And so far this week we've found 2 more. Awesome possum. We were very blessed to find them and with the Lord's help be able to keep them. Thank you for your prayers in their behalf. And my behalf. And the ward is amazing. They are so on top of the Work and it's NOT like pulling teeth to get teamups for once! (I hope I didn't just jinx us...)
Well.....
The new transfer has brought with it many new challenges.
I'm still trying to make sure I remember everything associated with being a sister trainer at a visitor center.
Getting used to another companion is always interesting.
Getting back into the groove of VC life is an adjustment. I'm used to being full-pros... It's easy to get lax at a Center and so it's been a challenge trying to tactfully help the other sisters who've been in a Center for the past few months keep up their work ethic, obedience and diligence. My assignment obligates me to try and improve those things among the sisters, but I'm also still finding the balance between "fixing them" and just loving them. The 2 are related, however. We learn that from Pres. Packer and from D&C 121.

My new companion is great. Love her. We're both go-getters. We've been able to work together and teach some very neat, powerful lessons in our short time together. She's able to relate to people well. We've had to work on unity, however. Both of our past companions were very accommodating, white personalities. We're both used to taking control or making our companion take the lead so combining our ways of working has been good but challenging. I'm more of a letter of the law person while still respecting the spirit of the law since it's easy to bend missionary rules and all sorts of stupid things happen when missionaries do that. Sis. L is definitely a spirit of the law person and I'm still trying to figure out how to tactfully make sure we're being obedient.

I hope you're all doing well and looking forward to Thanksgiving. Our Thanksgiving dinner just cancelled lol. Hopefully we can get another one.
Love you all muchisimo

No comments: