I'm afraid I can't say I'm in wheat country Kansas anymore. I'm back in the more densely populated areas again--different state, in fact. Smaller streets. Older houses. More trees. More colors. The fall is gorgeous here. It's the closest I've had to a New England fall. But that's a lot what it looks like here where I am.
So! My new companion is Sister L, 24, from Colorado/Arizona. She's beautiful and funny and tall and we're really similar. We're both kinda red and blue but she's more yellow and I'm more white. Both of our past companions were very timid so we're getting used to a very different style of proselyting, but we had a good long talk and we're working really well together. And the ward is great! I met them Saturday night at the Halloween ward party and I'm already besties with the Spanish families, plus the members are on top of missionary work. It's so RARE! And the temple off of highway 435 inspires a lot of questions which is good and we're having a temple fireside on the 13th and inviting everyone to it. And ohmygosh I gave a tour to a couple nonmembers who just walked in the other day and it was amazing! They felt the Spirit so strongly there and had good questions and both said they were going to refer themselves. One lives in Texas. As they left they were like, "Man, that was WAY better than we expected... " I love how dedicated church sites are able to house a strong Spirit and that I get to be part of their experience. When you make sure to tie everything to the Savior, you can't go wrong. And the other day my comp gave a tour to a skeptic... but her testimony touched him a lot and now he's our investigator!
Keep inviting people to come unto Christ by your example and your words to strangers on TRAX and at work and in the store, etc. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment