So good to hear from you. :)
I absolutely love it. Every week.
The work is going well here. :) Hermana R and I are loving working together, we love our investigators so much, and we love missionary work and the people with whom we work (other missionaries and the members). It was a pretty productive week this week, but next week will be even better. We have a goal to teach 20 lessons next week. To normal misisonaries that probably sounds pretty average or even low, but when you have less than half the proselyting time of other missionaries, 20 sounds pretty dang good. :)
Exciting news...
G is going to the temple this Saturday to do baptisms for the dead!!! And he's also getting his patriarchal blessing soon. I love him so much. And I am so excited for his future. In answer to you question, Mom, I am sure that his roommate has seen differences in him. He himself affirms that he is much more calm and doesn't react to stressful situations the way he used to. His sister said she has noticed changes in him too. We recently referred basically his whole family to the missionaries in their respective areas. I hope something comes of it. That would be so neat for him to be joined in this gospel by his family.
Also, E came to church again! We were able to teach her this past week and answer her questions. She is an honest seeker, we can tell. She wasn't feeling well the day of out appt but she got out of bed and had us come anyway. And then she was up late Saturday and was on call for her volunteer job on Sunday but wanted to come to church and did. She ended up getting called out early (sad) but it ended up being ok that she did cuz the last talk probably would have freaked her out a little lol. We love her so much. She wants to know more about the temple. :) It's naturally something that everyone is talking about right now so she hears it a lot. We're excited for our upcoming appts.
Other than that, our other investigators are doing well and progressing. Our focus this week is setting baptismal dates with everyone. We have quite a few progressing investigators but none with a date. We're also going to find new ones!! I love that in missionary work (and hopefully LIFE) we're always doing, evaluating and improving. This week we're going to study and focus on inviting for baptism and teaching according to those needs. I definitely want to retain this skill after the mission. Evaluating and improving... that's essentially repentance (change), aka use of the Atonement, which is exactly why the Savior did what He did--so that we would have this opportunity.
We are also going through a lot of conference talks trying to broaden our knowledge and library in order to be able to assign investigators reading assignments that are especially catered to them. Of course, nothing replaces the power of the Book of Mormon, but many times conference talks are very needed. Thank Heaven we have modern apostles and prophets.
So you had snow there eh? And "snow" in Austin too... well, guess what? I get to join the club too. We got 4-5 inches last night. :) :)
It is sad that I will miss most of the temple excitement. The open house is April 7-21 and the dedication is May 6. I AM going to try to make it back for the dedication. I've had a couple invitations from ward members to stay with them if I'm able to come back for that. Super nice of them.
Con mucho amor
No comments:
Post a Comment