How nice to get an email from each of you!!
I'm glad to know you're all doing well.
So recap of this week...
Yes, we did see E and M again! And J, and D and V and G. :)
E is doing well! We taught her this week after doing service for her (Thursday) and found out she has so much pain inside and no consolation or closure with regard to her husband's and son's deaths. She has a lot of questions and is surprised at the peace that she feels around us. We took her on a church tour Saturday and she came to church yesterday! She had a good experience and I'm sure was surprised at the friendliness of the members, especially considering the coldness she's used to feeling at church. What made it even better was watching a corny seminary video (made in the 90s) in Sunday School. It was awesome. You just have to laugh at them, but I love this particular one because it explains agency really well. Yesterday was also my last Fast Sunday on my mission... So I got up and bore my testimony.
M! We saw her again too and she loves us! Kind of a big step that she loves Mormons other than her brother now. We're doing some service for her today (and we'll sneak in teaching her doctrine as we do so) and we're warming her up to the temple open house idea. Her son is a preacher at another church so she has a strong tie to that one, but she has no doctrinal answers, which I feel like you have to feel a void when that's the case. And J, her brother, is ecstatic that we're in there now and is so hopeful for her to one day join. She's going be a long haul, though, we think. D and V ... oh I just love them. And Sister R is trying to learn Spanish as quick as she can so that she can take over teaching them in Spanish.
G is doing AWESOME. And yes he still lives with the roommate.
The E's sadly are not doing well. We haven't been able to actually teach them for a long time and they're always "dealing with sick kids" now. :( Breaks my heart.)
I love Sister R so much. She is going to be an amazing missionary. She makes me look good as a trainer, but really it's not anything I do lol. She's adjusting well and loving being a missionary. She isn't homesick or boyfriendsick, but loves talking about both those subjects haha. She's written a list of people for me to go see after I come home and one of them is her brother (going to byu)....
Thank you so much for your love and support.
No comments:
Post a Comment