Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Dance

The dance on Saturday was a blast for all who went ... which consequently wasn't too many because it was a guys'-choice dance and ... well ... guys stink at asking! (almost all guys)
For our day activity, we played dodgeball. I hung back as I usually do because I've always been afraid of the ball--especially when it's coming at about 60 mph! I remember being terrified of how fast the boys used to throw the ball in elementary gym dodgeball .... well .... the scariness becomes exponential in high school, haha, and I picked out the two hardest throwers: Brant and Jared. Now as I was playing it safe and hiding behind Parker, he moved his head and WHAMO! The ball collided with my face. And naturally, it was Jared's ball. It hurt so bad! I went into the bathroom and tried to cool it down with my inescapably cold hands as my right cheek and half of my forehead turned purple and as the injury literally radiated heat! Yikes! I wasn't exactly in any sort of hurry to get back into the action, so Zach and I took some pictures on the stairs (a few of which are featured). Eventually, the red/purpleness went away and we went back in. After we finished the game, he dropped me off at home again.


When he came back to pick me up for dinner and the dance, we were both in our new snazzy jammie pants--or should I say, Aeropostal sweats and J-Fan shirts. The group we went with decided to do individual dinners and then meet back to eat together. He got ours at Fizzoli's. :) Now as Marie was going around taking pictures of all the couples eating, I couldn't resist letting my noodles hang out just a bit. That seemed to be a hit so we ran with it with Zach's camera (I forgot mine).

The best part of this story is the part where Zach had us start at each end of a noodle ... Now heavens no, we never made it to the middle (although he gave me quite a scare!), but apparently Brant had an interesting little incident with a french fry once ... where he did make it to the middle, haha. Karli, who was taking the picture, said that we should've seen his face when he saw us. HA! In the picture, I am trying so hard not to laugh because what was going through my mind is exactly the aforementioned.
After Zach heard that, he took it as incentive and started eating the noodle as fast as he could, it half scared me to death -- you'll most likely be able to pick out that picture without my help.

After din-din, we were off to the ball ... or the school ... either one. We barely squeezed into the group picture (We always have the biggest group--this one happened to be 52) because we weren't assertive enough, apparently, but our singles picture is HILARIOUS. When I get them back ... heh-heh-heh ...

The dance itself was really fun. We had it in the Commons for a change so we played on the stairs and such. Throughout the night, I also had a "secret admirer" that, frankly, wasn't so secret. My friends gave me a hard time about how he'd spontaneously show up and do all sorts of things that they found funny because they were all attempts to ... interact ... with me. I won't go into detail ... you can ask Brant about it. He was VERY amused. . . . the stinker . . .

After the the last song played, we went back to 'headquarters' to watch Elf with the group that was mostly already there. And after that syrup-and-spaghatti-y experience, we went home! It was once again, great fun to be with my best friend at the dance that I've always wanted to go to! :)



"OH!"
The End!

No comments: