

(Thank you, Rach, for telling me how to orient my pictures!)
Well'm, I got asked to Christmas dance! This is the dance that I always wanted to go to because of its cozy feeling, with the matching jammies and all. :) Anyway, my best friend, Zach, and I were ushering at our school's musical Aida on the 19th of Nov. and we had some free time before it started. He got out some cards and told me how he'd been practicing a magic trick so I said, "Practice on me," since I love magic tricks. He bent down and proceeded to do some fancy shuffle/dividing of the cards. He picked up the smaller of the two piles and told me to pick a card. I thought it a bit odd that he was looking at the faces of the cards--I thought he was going to guess my card--but I decided to humor him. I picked a card and it said "Will you go to Christmas dance with me?" I thought it was pretty original! So I'm excited, needless to say. :) It's coming up in just a week! We've gotta find matching jammies! We both want footie pajamas, but they're hard to find...
The next thing on the agenda is a new service project. Our stake learned of seven families who came from Belize with practically just the clothes on their backs and apparently need clothes--winter clothes--badly. The Laurels of our ward were assigned to provide the clothes needed for one of the families. This Friday us Laurels will be decorating a Christmas tree to put in the foyer. We're putting little ornaments on it and listing certain items of clothing on the ornaments. We're hoping that people in the ward will take a certain ornament and then sign up to bring the specified items of clothing. I really like the idea and am excited to be doing another service project. I haven't really done much toward an organized service project since I finished my Young Womanhood projects and got my medallion. I just hope that, with all the other obligations parents have during this season, they will still be able to help us and that family out.
Last but not least, something funny happened last night.
The irony actually started on Monday. Zach dropped me off after our biology lab at around 6 p.m. He drove away and I tried to get into the house through the garage. It didn't work. Nobody was home and my family doesn't believe in cell phones. I happened to have Brant's cell for no particular reason and called a plethora of people, which ended with calling Zach, who turned around and came back for me. Fast forward to Saturday night. I was "researching" MP3 players when I get a call from Brant. He was currently standing outside his door in the exact same situation as I had been in. Remembering how cold I'd been on Monday, I knew I had an obligation. I checked and the driveway was icy. I inched down--literally by inches at a time because I was scared of sliding into our truck that was parked at the bottom of the driveway. I was so thankful to make it down safely. Needless to say, when we got back to my house, I left the car at the bottom. Brant held onto me all the way up since he was in dress shoes (he'd just gotten back from a Madrigal performance) and I gave him one of Lance's old sweatshirts to change into to warm up so he could change out of his tux--or at least the top half. Then I popped him popcorn (at Dad's bidding) and we watched "Blast From the Past" (at Bonnie's bidding). :)
1 comment:
Congrats on the dance invitation. I'm glad you get to go with someone you will have tons of fun with!
To flip your pictures you have to rotate them BEFORE you transfer them to your blog. Rotate them in the program you download them to from your computer. Call me if you need help. Dad also knows how to do this.
I hope you're getting excited to see Texas in THREE WEEKS!!!!!
P.S. When is Christmas dance?
Post a Comment