Saturday night was my twin, Emily Blotter's birthday. After cutting Derrick's hair that afternoon, I headed to the LLC where she and Anike live. We were going to go roller skating in 80's clothes (I know this speaks to you in particular, Ashley!) but at the last minute their across-the-hall neighbor invited us to go with him and his friend to meet their friends at Crystal Hot Springs.
It was COLD when we got there (naturally) and it just got colder when we went out in our swimming suits. But once we hit the bath-tub-temp water, it was all betta. ;)
We eventually migrated to the hot tub, as usually happens, and there met Steve's and Mike's friends. As it turned out, Emily and I ended up hanging out with them most of the night. They were hilarious. We played a game of "WAH!" in the swimming pool with what became a group of about 20--everyone joined our rambunctious group. One in the group, Jeremy, seemed to make an extra effort to charm "Emily One and Emily Two" hahaha and Emily turned to me after he'd introduced his life-guarding-blonde-talkative-charismatic-Jesse-McCartney-like-self to us and whispered, "I don't usually go for blondes, but sign me up!!" hahahaha she makes me laugh so hard sometimes.
By the end of "WAH!" they were done re-chlorine-ing the water slides. . . the freezing cold water slides. . .
After about half an hour of coaxing, Emily, Jeremy, David, Sunny, and whomever-that-beautiful-guy-was got me to go down a slide with them. There were seriously nine of us going down together--three mats connected. We obviously went crazily fast and at one point hit a bump and then a corner and all flew apart. . . somewhat painfully, LOL.
After the wave of water that swept over my head dissipated a bit I found Emily and grabbed her for the rest of the ride. We all landed in a pile at the end. The icy water didn't even affect us (even me!) because the ride was still rattling our brains hahaha. I limped out holding a hip, but later that night at home I found it was my shin that had the inch-high bone-bruise. Yowch. It was bunches of fun, though. :)
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I could use some of those right now. It's actually chilly here in Austin. I'm glad you got a chance to go... I really enjoyed myself when we went when I was at Utah State.
Post a Comment