Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Septiembre 6



iiFamilia!! Como estan?? Ojala que todo este bien and que esten disfrutando el fin del verano. Estoy muy alegre que ... that it's getting cooler outside. :)

So last night we decided last minute to go to Victoria, KS and try our luck. Everyone seemed to be gone or busy for Labor Day in Hays. We ended up contacting the mother of another of our investigators (didn't know it was her mother when first contacted... not a coincidence) and long story short, it was neat to see once again the Holy Ghost touch someone. When we began talking with her, particularly about the Book of Mormon, she was apathetic and tired. It dawned on me that the sister before probably hadn't even taught her much about it and to expect her to be reading it was silly. I then launched into the Restoration and it turned out to be exactly what she needed. We were able to explain how the Book of Mormon came about, bear testimony of it and other truths and I heard things come out of my mouth I'd never said before about the Book of Mormon. But she felt the Spirit and she had tears when we left her and when Sis. T asked how she felt, she said she wanted to go read right then. Yeah! That's what we like to hear! But the Spirit always inevitably leaves, especially when they don't follow the prompting, so we'll go back and see her soon. And her daughter recently started progressing more as well. She actually did her reading the other day and I'm pretty sure it surprised both her and her husband how the Spirit came back into their home even though we weren't there, because it was evident they had talked about the reading. And T, her hubby, wouldn't admit it at first, but he'd read in Ether... Yay! And they were asking about church... They're on their way. Not there yet because they cancelled our appt today. :( But they can tell we love them and are there for their benefit and not our own.

Can I just say something? I AM SO FAR AWAY FROM PERFECTION AND BEING WORTHY OF LIVING WITH HEAVENLY FATHER. Sorry. Kind of a weird outburst. But I have just been taking a look at myself lately and not censoring anything and I really have a loooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go. I've learned a lot about faith and charity out here.... but I am still just not there at all yet!! Gracious. And it's hard to keep your stamina up out here. Not that that's some sort of secret about mission life. It's always been that way. But it's extremely hard to retain investigators out here. It's every once in a while we meet someone willing to listen to us for more than 4 seconds, rare when we can actually teach them, but when we do it's REALLY good because the Holy Ghost helps us a lot and we've worked on refining our teaching skills, but after the Spirit leaves and they haven't immediately kept the commitment to read, it's 'ya se fue' and very hard to get in to see them again. BUT! We will not lose faith nor lower our expectations. Bah.

Entonces....
Some random facts I discovered this week....
-my knees and the tops of my feet in one particular place are very hard and dry..... that's what I get for praying five million times a day. :)
-I heard that W is still alive, doing well, meeting with missionaries in some unknown part of the country and that he had been going to church faithfully and has daily contact with Bishop S (of Kaw River ward) which makes me extremely happy!!!!!!!
-My companion and I rarely understand each other during prayers. She prays in Samoan and I pray in Spanish.... even though she claims she knows Spanish and calls herself 'Hermana' lol


Have a wonderful week, thank you for your prayers, I'll pray for Texas rain if you pray for Kansas investigators. :)


No comments: